Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for a backpack replacement

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Not sure if you're into slingpacks! I'm able to carry the K1 with a flash, and the DA*300, FA31 Limited, Irix 150mm, and Vivitar 55mm Macro all in this bag with room to spare!

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20230920-005751.png
Quote from grover on September 18, 2023, 10:40 pm

Excellent. Sometimes brands are popular for a reason 😉

If I could go back in time I wouldn't have bought from AliExpress. Support the local stores and proper channels and all that.

The waist and chest strap is essential. Especially when you want to hang a camera off your shoulder strap ( Peak Design Capture Clip ). I will occasionally hang my Pentax K-1 II with a 70-200mm lens off my shoulder strap and the Lowepro is so comfortable and solid that it will hold it in place without issue.

My Flipside 400 AW II is perfect for me. I've had it for years while other bags have come and gone and I'll continue to use it until it completely falls apart!

Thank you very much, 

So far I could not be happier ! 
It is a very comfortable to wear backpack and, to be honest, even heavily packed you don't feel all the weight on you. I love that. In my Manfrotto you could. Here is like the weight is better balanced and distributed. And definitelly I am not getting younger, so that's to the backpack.

Yes it is expensive, and big. But so far, 2 races, so good! No complaints at all. 

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 20, 2023, 1:54 pm

Not sure if you're into slingpacks! I'm able to carry the K1 with a flash, and the DA*300, FA31 Limited, Irix 150mm, and Vivitar 55mm Macro all in this bag with room to spare!

Thank you very much, looks like a good portable way but unfortunately I am not a fan at all. I tend to be a bit non coordinate with my actions and body sometimes so I better have my bag well tight on me xD

Quote from nokk on September 19, 2023, 6:32 am

a little late to this, but i just buy regular backpacks and throw my gear in individual electronics wraps before getting piled in the bag.  it's lasted me for at least 10 cross country trips, doesn't look like a camera bag and is very comfortable while hiking.  currently i'm using a 5.11 covrt (32L) for my hiking backpack and a 5.11 range trainer bag (50L) for the car storage.  the backpack holds a fuji 50r with 4 zoom lenses (one attached to the camera) with lots of room left over.  if i take the camera and attached lens out, i can squeeze the sony and 200-600mm in there with the extra lenses.  but it's a little too heavy for long hikes at that point.  the range master bag holds all of that plus a sony with the 200-600mm lens and a fuji xt-4 with a few more lenses.  plus all of the extra accessories and a winter coat wedged in.

Thank you, 

That is an option I was also exploring for some time, but I finally found it less convenient. Specially carrying 2 bodies and 4 or 5 lenses and so on.

But thanks, all comments and ideas are appreciated 

I personally love to have a few bag options, I have mostly LowePro stuff. I really like my Flipside bag if I'm out hiking because then I know I can't leave it open accidentally. Often I've been using my ProTactic Lens Exchange which is this neat little sling back that has a quick zipper access to 2-4 lenses. It's nice if I'm only taking one camera body but multiple lenses. The MG 160 AW does sorta the same thing but can carry more than just lenses, maybe a body as well and some accessories. I'm finding that less gear and quick access is kinda underrated right now.

Quote from HeggenDazs on October 9, 2023, 9:47 pm

I personally love to have a few bag options, I have mostly LowePro stuff. I really like my Flipside bag if I'm out hiking because then I know I can't leave it open accidentally. Often I've been using my ProTactic Lens Exchange which is this neat little sling back that has a quick zipper access to 2-4 lenses. It's nice if I'm only taking one camera body but multiple lenses. The MG 160 AW does sorta the same thing but can carry more than just lenses, maybe a body as well and some accessories. I'm finding that less gear and quick access is kinda underrated right now.

Totally, 

I have a few more bags and backpacks (2 more about photography) but I needed this piece exactly to replace another piece of "gear" let's say 🙂 

PreviousPage 2 of 2