Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lens wobble. Has anyone experienced this?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from James Warner on August 4, 2022, 1:50 am

If MPB does turn around and sell it cheap for parts, I may buy it just to keep it in the family 🤣

😆 That would be neat actually! It would be such a cool YouTube video too if you got it working again. 😃

I'm just sitting here wondering if everyone thinks I'm a gear abuser lol!

Quote from SpruceBruce on August 4, 2022, 4:27 am

I'm just sitting here wondering if everyone thinks I'm a gear abuser lol!

Lol, no, but even if you were you can't be any worse than me. I'm not careless, but I don't baby my gear. I'm not the kind to keep it all pristine on a shelf - I want to use it, scratch it against tree limbs to get a shot, get the front element muddy to get the shot, etc. Haven't had anything break or get otherwise damaged other than cosmetically, but I'm sure it's coming. Like my Ricoh GR story I shared the other day where I dipped it in the lake on accident. Close call. 😀

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

I don't presume you are, but no judgment from me even if you are rough on your gear. Part of the reason I like stuff "with character" already is because it will get that way with use anyway and when it happens I can go "meh, it's rough anyway" instead of feeling guilty about that first scratch. I do this with my vehicles also haha. #Jeeplife

I've fallen in the snow, dirt, I've gotten salt water on my gear, banged it against walls and doors (those peak design straps may be too comfy, easy to forget it's on ya sometimes!), etc. Surprisingly all that usually happens without a scratch, most of this stuff is built so well! Sometimes I'll lose a lens cap or hood.

Maybe we should start a "battle scars" thread. That could be fun. My worst one is the K10D shake reduction lever broke off and I haven't been able to get shake reduction turned back on yet. With every attempt I make that area more and more "janky." Poor K10 deserves better!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

MPB issued the refund today. All is well. 🙂 I'm impressed with them. Some great prices, photos of the items, and no hassle returns.

James Warner and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerEckyH
PreviousPage 2 of 2