Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Laowa 50mm 2X Macro, the small but mighty M43 Macro lens that rivals the Olympus 60mm

The small but mighty, Laowa 50mm 2X in M43 has become my go to lens for the M43 system for Macro.  After trying out the 7Artisans 60mm F2.8 MkII Macro.  I was able to score my copy on MPB for a mere $279, making it cheaper than the much famed Olympus 60mm Macro. It spent this summer paired with my Olympus EM10 Mk II/Meike MK570II, and quickly became my go to over much bigger setups, including the Pentax K1/D FA 100mm WR & it's bigger sibling, the Nikon Z7/Laowa 100mm 2X.

Top notch construction, including an all metal build and hood with electronically control aperture. My 7Artisans having the aperture ring so close to the focus ring was it's biggest flaw, I would easily change F stops by mistake while focusing. Speaking of focus, the throw is butter smooth and has a very long throw, and it's quite easy to work with it's working distance even at 2X. The amount of detail this sharp lens captures is just mind blowing, I really think this is the sharpest lens I've ever used. I really don't want to drag on rambling so I'll let the photos do the speaking!

KankRat and EckyH have reacted to this post.
KankRatEckyH