Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kit Lens Appreciation

PreviousPage 4 of 4
Quote from Lock5 on February 2, 2022, 10:20 pm
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on January 21, 2022, 4:09 pm
Quote from Snappy on January 18, 2022, 2:01 am
Quote from KankRat on January 18, 2022, 12:28 am

Canon XSI with 18-55 @18mm. probably had a polarizer on there.

Wildcat Canyon Starved Rock State Park by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

Wonderful shot!

This whole thread is wonderful. I don't have my 18-55 kit lens anymore, but I do have some shots from back in the day.

Pentax K200D and 18-55

these photos are insane.

the focus and sharpness of the kit lens are not that great in my latest pics for some reason, but the photos still look great:

Is that Luebec in Northern Germany with he metal model of the town?

Northern(ish) Germany is correct, but not quite Lübeck. Its Braunschweig.

Is that even street bro?

Impromptu snap. I wanted to capture the fog by the stream, but I had a few obstacles. For one, it was raining. So I got soaked but it was no problem for the K10D and 18-55 kit lens. Second problem, because it was nearly dark I needed a looong exposure (20s) but no tripod. It didn't mind being in the snow, either. 🙂

In the end I didn't really capture the fog like I wanted, but it was fun anyway.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP4814.jpg
  • 20220217_180919.jpg
SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Quote from JBP on February 17, 2022, 11:56 pm

Impromptu snap. I wanted to capture the fog by the stream, but I had a few obstacles. For one, it was raining. So I got soaked but it was no problem for the K10D and 18-55 kit lens. Second problem, because it was nearly dark I needed a looong exposure (20s) but no tripod. It didn't mind being in the snow, either. 🙂

In the end I didn't really capture the fog like I wanted, but it was fun anyway.

Haha! I've done this more times than I care to admit. Rocks, sticks, mounds of dirt - all make good tripods in a pinch 😉

Happy snappin' 🙂

I dont have a weathersealed lens for my k10d, and the battery grip port cover is missing. i wouldnt count on it being sealed in my case. my olympus tho. that thing is ultra resistant.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Is that even street bro?

Today I finally gave the K10D some attention again on a short walk, paired with the 18-55 kit lens that came with it. I also had the K-3 with me with the 55-300 PLM just in case I saw some wildlife. This was my first time carrying two cameras and I may be hooked... it was quite nice having 18-300mm covered with no lens changes.

These three shots are with the 18-55.

IMGP5015 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

IMGP5001 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

This one I believe has some motion blur. You don't realize how much shake reduction has been helping you out until you shoot without it (the SR selector on my K10d broke in the off position... sigh).

IMGP5008 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett
PreviousPage 4 of 4