Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kit Lens Appreciation

Page 1 of 4Next

Got my K10D yesterday, and the 18-55 kit lens. (it was cheap, thats why i got it)

Some golden hour photos before i ran out of battery.

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP7502.jpg
  • IMGP7511.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettTSTSJBP
Is that even street bro?

Beautiful! Shows that equipment isn't always the limiting factor.  Here's some of my favorite from my Nikon 18-55mm from my D3500/7200.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_0469.jpg
  • DSC_0472.jpg
  • DSC_0707_Original.jpg
  • DSC_4562-1.jpg
  • DSC_4299.jpg
James Warner, KankRat and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatGawaddenniscrommettJBP
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on January 14, 2022, 5:09 pm

Got my K10D yesterday, and the 18-55 kit lens. (it was cheap, thats why i got it)

Some golden hour photos before i ran out of battery.

Excellent! The K10D sure is something special. You can't beat the colors from it. I haven't used mine in a while because the shake reduction lever broke off... in the off position. Not a big deal if the light is good, and I'm sure I could fix it if I stop being lazy. I need to use it again soon!

Spruce, wonderful shots with the Nikon! The first photo in particular is stunning.

Here's one of my favorites with my K10D and the 18-55 kit lens.

IMGP3673 by Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, KankRat and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerKankRatSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommett
Quote from SpruceBruce on January 14, 2022, 11:36 pm

Beautiful! Shows that equipment isn't always the limiting factor.  Here's some of my favorite from my Nikon 18-55mm from my D3500/7200.

The Colors in all these shots are super stunning! love the greens especially. also the sky is pure bliss!

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Is that even street bro?

Canon XSI with 18-55 @18mm. probably had a polarizer on there.

Wildcat Canyon Starved Rock State Park by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, Gawad and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadJBP
Quote from KankRat on January 18, 2022, 12:28 am

Wonderful shot!

This whole thread is wonderful. I don't have my 18-55 kit lens anymore, but I do have some shots from back in the day.

Pentax K200D and 18-55

KankRat, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
KankRatSpruceBruceGawaddenniscrommettCarlJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Amazing. These shots make me realize I did not value my 18-55 enough.

SpruceBruce and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommett
Quote from Snappy on January 18, 2022, 2:01 am

Wonderful shot!

This whole thread is wonderful. I don't have my 18-55 kit lens anymore, but I do have some shots from back in the day.

Pentax K200D and 18-55

these photos are insane.

the focus and sharpness of the kit lens are not that great in my latest pics for some reason, but the photos still look great:

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP7633.jpg
  • IMGP7651.jpg
  • IMGP7661.jpg
  • IMGP7673.jpg
James Warner and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJBP
Is that even street bro?
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on January 21, 2022, 4:09 pm
Quote from Snappy on January 18, 2022, 2:01 am

Wonderful shot!

Pentax K200D and 18-55

these photos are insane.

the focus and sharpness of the kit lens are not that great in my latest pics for some reason, but the photos still look great:

Very cool pictures with the small metal model of the town and the town in the background! The glass bowl adds a nice focal point to tie it all together.

First off, I think the images look plenty sharp as is. I don't think anyone would notice unless you printed them really large. But I did download them and pixel peep just for fun 😄

I think the first one of the building on a hill (beautiful, by the way) might have focused on the foreground just a tad. Because it was F8 it caught the background pretty well in focus, but some of the foreground does look a tad sharper. Maybe?

One of the ones of the glass bowl and the town definitely looks like a bit of blur caused to the 1/4 and 1/13 shutter speed. The close focus ones look pretty sharp.

That's all from James the image forensics guy 😄 But really the images look great because you shot them well, nice composition, nice moments.

Carl and JBP have reacted to this post.
CarlJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

I agree. They all look fantastic. One blissful change I've allowed myself this year in my photography is to accept photos with less than perfect focus or with slight blur caused from motion (mine or the subject's), because so many of my photos of my little one turn out that way (she just won't hold still lol). Many of them you can't even spot the technical blemish until you really zoom in. Just don't blow 'em up.

So bravo, I love them all, the glass sphere is freakin' awesome, and I wish I was there too! What a beautiful place it looks to be.

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett
Page 1 of 4Next