Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I've been searching for one of these!!

Ever since I started noticing Pentax and learning it's long and exciting history, one camera stuck out to me and I don't really know why. 

The Pentax Spotmatic. Beautiful 60s camera that had all the classic charm of that era. Fully mechanical except for the light meter which is the only thing that requires a battery. The battery it uses is an old mercury battery. Using the sunny 16 rule is easy enough with this camera or just use a light meter app or handheld.

It uses the m42 mount. I have zero lenses in that mount but I hear they were abundant and that mount was very popular. The lens on this is the Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8 and it's NICE. This camera must have been well kept because there is no fungus, no dust and no scratches. Beautiful! This camera was a thrift find. Only cost me 10 bucks.

Daniel Gonzalez, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezdenniscrommettEckyHGideon Liddiard Photography

What a clean find! And for $10! The Spotmatic's really are beautiful cameras. I think they're my vote for best looking film camera. Right up there with the Olympus Pen F half frame camera I owned (and sold, kinda wish I didn't now).

Enjoy it!

Thetimecatcher has reacted to this post.
Thetimecatcher
Happy snappin' 🙂

That's a stunningly good bargain, congrats, and enjoy.