Please or Register to create posts and topics.

IS Panasonic lumix lx 100 worth it?

I have been looking to buy a lumix lx 100 and it costs between 300 to 400. Is is worth buying

Absolutely, my LX100 II was a fantastic camera, it served my travel needs perfectly.  I'd only advise you to a use an interchangeable M43; body, if you ever want to move beyond the fixed 24-75 focal length.  Here's my Flickr album with some of my favorite shots.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/185043237@N07/Gk0b6c

Hawkraider has reacted to this post.
Hawkraider

It looks incredible>

Ha! I've just asked a guy on Marketplace about his LX100 II. I've had 3 x LX100's...don't ask I keep selling them and repurchasing....it's a habit.

Quote from Hawkraider on June 11, 2022, 5:11 pm

I have been looking to buy a lumix lx 100 and it costs between 300 to 400. Is is worth buying?

It depends. It's a great little camera which can deliver great image quality and the lens is amazing. I still have the MarkI and when weight and size are critical it is still my first choice.

But as every camera it has issues. The lens isn't weather proof, so the sensor is prone to collect dust. The lens ring for "manual" (in fact it's by wire) lens ring for zooming or manual focusing is on the loose side. The dials and buttons are fairly small and placed rather tightly due to the small size of the camera.
And the MarkI shows the focal length in 35mm format equivalence *sad face palm*...

Would I recommend it? If the goal is to get very good image quality from a very small camera: yes.
If you have bigger hands or plan to use it in dusty or harsh conditions: rather not.

E.

Veni, vidi, serravi.