Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Im terrible at Introductions

Hey everyone whats up? My name is JayT and ive been playing around with photography almost my whole life (directly or indirectly).

Im usually just taking photos of my kids and sometimes bugs. Last year i went down the CCD rabbit  hole when i seen James's sony a100 video and i just so happened to have one laying around and i went to town since i already had a sizeable A-Mount collection from shooting the Maxxum 5 film camera. Needless to say my Sony A7r3 has been sitting around collecting dust while ive been out collecting some other cameras ive wanted (Konica Minolta 7d/ Mamiya RB67)

Ive fallen in love with my 7D completely and mostly just shoot that now. Heres some photos ive taken over the last year or so.

Minolta 7d

Sick Day by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Praying Mantis Cleaning its self by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Bunny in the back yard by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Chillin by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Obligitory Mirror Selfie by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Pretending to be Speaker Man by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Golden Hour by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Sony A100

Bird is the word by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

This guy has been thru alot by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Street lighting by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Huge bee by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Bug on a flower by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

A bugs life by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Maxxum 5

1959 Corvette by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

img412 by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

And last but not least Mamiya RB67

Mamiya RB 67 first roll by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Golden Hour on Kodak Gold 200 by Jaymes Fike, on Flickr

Hope this isnt too many photos.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBrucegroverGideon Liddiard Photography

Nice shots and welcome on board. 

JayTz_Photography has reacted to this post.
JayTz_Photography
Quote from JayTz_Photography on September 24, 2023, 2:34 am

Hey everyone whats up? My name is JayT and ive been playing around with photography almost my whole life (directly or indirectly).

Im usually just taking photos of my kids and sometimes bugs. Last year i went down the CCD rabbit  hole when i seen James's sony a100 video and i just so happened to have one laying around and i went to town since i already had a sizeable A-Mount collection from shooting the Maxxum 5 film camera. Needless to say my Sony A7r3 has been sitting around collecting dust while ive been out collecting some other cameras ive wanted (Konica Minolta 7d/ Mamiya RB67)

Ive fallen in love with my 7D completely and mostly just shoot that now. Heres some photos ive taken over the last year or so.

Minolta 7d

Sony A100

Maxxum 5

beautiful shots! love the film work, especially. also great that you have the 7D! that's a truly unique camera that I also have my sights trained on.

JayTz_Photography
Quote from HeggenDazs on September 25, 2023, 2:36 am
Quote from JayTz_Photography on September 24, 2023, 2:34 am

Minolta 7d

Sony A100

Maxxum 5

beautiful shots! love the film work, especially. also great that you have the 7D! that's a truly unique camera that I also have my sights trained on.

Thanks! The mamiya is fairly new to me, i dont think ive even had it a month yet lol. But the maxxum 5 quickly became my favorite 35mm camera when i got it last year for like $40 Its almost the film version of the 7d.

And by accident i had a sony a100 (i bought for my girlfriends son) and he used it maybe 5 times so i decided to give it a whirl and being somewhat of a minolta fanboy i was looking at a 5d or 7d because i was curious....it was like 3 or 4 months before i realized they had the same sensor as the epson rd1....the 6.1mp sensor has soo much better high iso performance than the a100 does and i couldnt believe it. Alot of times i like to leave it on iso 800 and let it ride all day, it gives you the filmic grain right out of camera.

Welcome! Lovely set of photos. Isn't it funny how sometimes "gearing down" can reinvigorate love and excitement for photography. It does that for me, at least. 

I actually sold my A100 a while back intending to pick up another A mount camera to play around with and show off, but things have really taken a different spin lately and I haven't been back since. One day, for sure. 

Excited to hear more about those cameras and see more of your photography!

JayTz_Photography
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on September 25, 2023, 1:47 pm

Welcome! Lovely set of photos. Isn't it funny how sometimes "gearing down" can reinvigorate love and excitement for photography. It does that for me, at least. 

I actually sold my A100 a while back intending to pick up another A mount camera to play around with and show off, but things have really taken a different spin lately and I haven't been back since. One day, for sure. 

Excited to hear more about those cameras and see more of your photography!

It sure does for me as well. I've been shooting film lenses on my Sony a7's for years now and that's kept me quite entertained.

Now it's the whole ccd sensor thing that I'm infatuated with lol. And mixing ccd with some of the great a mount minolta glass just scratches 2 itches that I have. Whenever your ready I have a pretty good list of a mount glass to check out.