Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I'm eagerly waiting for my purchased Olympus E3

Today I bought an Olympus E3, with only minor damage to the remote control port. Furthermore, it is still in very good condition. I have never photographed with a body intended for a professional. I hope the camera will be delivered soon.

Then save for the lenses on my list:
The 14-54 second version.
The 50mm macro.
The pancake lens.

James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceAndyBTSTS
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.
Quote from Bart Kerste on August 24, 2022, 6:52 pm

Today I bought an Olympus E3, with only minor damage to the remote control port. Furthermore, it is still in very good condition. I have never photographed with a body intended for a professional. I hope the camera will be delivered soon.

Then save for the lenses on my list:
The 14-54 second version.
The 50mm macro.
The pancake lens.

Fantastic! I hear really good things about the E-3. I'm also after the 50mm macro and 25mm f2.8 pancake, so hopefully we don't compete against each other there and you can find one for cheap too 😀

There's a 50mm f2 on UsedPhotoPro that was listed this afternoon, but it is almost $200. A little steep, even if it is hard to come by.

Let us know when you get the camera in and what you think!

SpruceBruce and Bart Kerste have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceBart Kerste
Happy snappin' 🙂

I am also very curious myself. With regard to the lenses, that will undoubtedly be fine. I only buy in the Netherlands because you have different shipping costs. In addition, I also find it difficult to buy abroad, because I do not know the way to reliable sellers. So if you don't go looking in the Netherlands, everything will be fine 😉

By the way, my Olympus family is now quite large:
I have the E300, E330, E620, E500, E30 and E3.

Considering also the recent purchase, I have to deal with the partner approval factor 😉

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner

The camera came in today. A little different from most Olympus cameras, but you get used to it quickly. The color photos are straight out of the camera, settings: vivid: contrast +1, sharpness +1. The black and white photos are taken with the settings on monochrome, filter yellow: contrast +1, sharpness +1. All photos were taken with the 18-180 lens. They are trial shots, not top shots. But I can already see that this camera and I are getting along.

Color:

Uploaded files:
  • AS260049verkleind.jpeg
  • AS260050verkleind.jpeg
  • AS260059verkleind.jpeg
EckyH has reacted to this post.
EckyH

Black and white:

The photo of our very elderly dog (15 years old) was not taken with a yellow filter but with a green filter.

Uploaded files:
  • AS260018verkleind.jpeg
  • AS260037verkleind.jpeg
  • AS260061verkleind.jpeg
EckyH has reacted to this post.
EckyH