Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I jumped of the cliff, spread my arms....Who know what is next?

Hi all,  Thank you all for your advice in my endeavor to replace my Pentax K10D.  I have purchased a new in the box Pentax KP.  it should be arriving the end of this week.  I am looking forward to getting to know its nuances and quirks. I definitely going to have a bit of a learning curve. It seems there is always some form of compromise when trying to keep within a budget and camera features. Hopefully the KP will be a solid work horse, just like my K10D was.  I do a lot of research before purchasing things and took everyone's advice, crossed referenced prices and availability.  Thanks again!

agentlossing, SpruceBruce and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
agentlossingSpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezGawaddenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP

Wow congrats enjoy your new camera.

TSTS has reacted to this post.
TSTS
Kieran

I think you'll really like it, and it's a worthy upgrade to say the least. The body design will be quite different, but then again, besides the K20D, no body was like the K10D so anything would be new. The IQ is excellent, the build quality is great. The grip of the body is very different and I found it more suitable for smaller lenses. I've heard from several people adding the battery grip alleviates this problem, but never got around to trying it myself.

SpruceBruce and TSTS have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceTSTS
Happy snappin' 🙂

Congrats!

My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Congrats! I upgraded from my K10d in 2019, and it was between the KP and the K-3. I decided I wanted the KP for the better high ISO performance, extra dial, tilting screen, and because I love the way it looks. But I found a K-3 for a killer deal and ended up with that. I love it, but I still want a KP. haha

Carl has reacted to this post.
Carl