Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I have bought a Yashica MG-1

It was so beautiful and cheap!

So some days ago checking an adverts app we have in Spain I just saw a beautiful Yashica Electro 35 all black and when in Valencia last weekend I was so badly tempted to buy one close to Valencia all black for 75€ that looked so badass...... Still look at it because it's very nice.

Now I never heard of those and did some research, those are "automatic" cameras that you "only" need to focus and select an aperture and then the camera decides the shutter speed. (like an "AV" mode in modern digital cameras).

And those are range finder machines. I mean, I have a Vitoret (Voigtlander Vitoret) and it's a bit tricky to use but I could not resist to that beautiful machine sold and shipped for 30€. It needs to arrive home soon, I guess tomorrow.

So I kept checking options and found out there is a model named MG-1 similar to the Electro 35 that is way cheaper second hand and probably was cheaper when it was new. And went for an MG-1 instead of an Electro 35.

And then i just found My copy. It was for sale at 25€ (add it extra 5 for the shipping costs). It is also all black, and all those machines come with (the MG-1) a Yashinon 45mm f2.8 lens.

This is how it looks

cámara yashica MG1

I liked it because it's small or "compact" sized.

Then in comparison the so "bad-ass look" Electro 35 I was tempted to buy is this beauty

Yashica Electro 35 GT

Just curious, did you ever had or used one of these cameras?

I guess maybe James has? Or maybe I am putting a thought in his head xDDD

All the best!

James Warner and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruce
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from red5isalive on September 22, 2022, 5:30 pm

So some days ago checking an adverts app we have in Spain I just saw a beautiful Yashica Electro 35 all black and when in Valencia last weekend I was so badly tempted to buy one close to Valencia all black for 75€ that looked so badass...... Still look at it because it's very nice.

Now I never heard of those and did some research, those are "automatic" cameras that you "only" need to focus and select an aperture and then the camera decides the shutter speed. (like an "AV" mode in modern digital cameras).

And those are range finder machines. I mean, I have a Vitoret (Voigtlander Vitoret) and it's a bit tricky to use but I could not resist to that beautiful machine sold and shipped for 30€. It needs to arrive home soon, I guess tomorrow.

So I kept checking options and found out there is a model named MG-1 similar to the Electro 35 that is way cheaper second hand and probably was cheaper when it was new. And went for an MG-1 instead of an Electro 35.

And then i just found My copy. It was for sale at 25€ (add it extra 5 for the shipping costs). It is also all black, and all those machines come with (the MG-1) a Yashinon 45mm f2.8 lens.

This is how it looks

cámara yashica MG1

Then in comparison the so "bad-ass look" Electro 35 I was tempted to buy is this beauty

Yashica Electro 35 GT

All the best!

I recently picked up the Yashica Electro 45mm F1.7 GSN.  I'm excited to run a roll of film through it eventually.  I've always liked the sleek clean crisp look of an all black rangefinder!

I've seen these listed a few times, but never looked too far into getting one. A 45mm 2.8 is a very capable lens! I'd be interested to see results!

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from SpruceBruce on September 26, 2022, 2:24 am
Quote from red5isalive on September 22, 2022, 5:30 pm

This is how it looks

cámara yashica MG1

Yashica Electro 35 GT

All the best!

I recently picked up the Yashica Electro 45mm F1.7 GSN.  I'm excited to run a roll of film through it eventually.  I've always liked the sleek clean crisp look of an all black rangefinder!

Those look fantastic.

Now I am waiting for my battery update to arrive as I have tried to use some silver foil but that's not working for me,

I am also excited to use a roll of film on this beauty

Quote from Justin Tung on September 26, 2022, 11:42 pm

I've seen these listed a few times, but never looked too far into getting one. A 45mm 2.8 is a very capable lens! I'd be interested to see results!

Thanks! Will try to keep this post updated!

Yes I think so, of course an f1.7 lens is more capable but f2.8 isn't bad at all.

Let's see when does the battery updater pack arrive as those cameras used to use some old batteries you can't buy anymore and you might need to use a "battery converter" pack (wich basically are some tubes where to add newer batteries) and see if every electric component works and then fire a roll of film.

Now, I was in need to an adaptor and a battery and got them today.

I have plugged them in and it seems that the camera works somehow so I have just filled up a roll and hopefully will be able to use this beauty on the weekend or any other time 😀

I'm excited!

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from red5isalive on September 29, 2022, 10:31 am

I have plugged them in and it seems that the camera works somehow so I have just filled up a roll and hopefully will be able to use this beauty on the weekend or any other time 😀

I'm excited!

Very fun! I am excited to see the results. And see a bit of your town 😉

Daniel Gonzalez has reacted to this post.
Daniel Gonzalez
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on September 29, 2022, 7:49 pm
Quote from red5isalive on September 29, 2022, 10:31 am

I'm excited!

Very fun! I am excited to see the results. And see a bit of your town 😉

Hahaha that can take some time but yes, me too.

A thing I can do is show you a little bit of my town in Digital, images have been taken in a Spanish Pentaxians meeting back in 2018 xD

_IMG1856 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG1833 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG1988 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG2065 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Those were taken with the SMC Pentax M 135mm f3.5 so some images can be slightly out of focus,

Ahh i forgot those ones from 2022

_IMG5152-2 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5208 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5240 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5283 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5367 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG5437 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Some underground pictures

_IMG0225 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

_IMG0262 by Daniel Gonzalez Aguilera, en Flickr

Well, that was a lot of images not showing the Sagrada Familia so let me end it here 😛

James Warner, SpruceBruce and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceEckyH