Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Howdy

My name is Connor, and I found this forum through the Snappiness YouTube channel.

I got into photography after finding my grandad's old film camera. It was a Canon FT QL from the sixties. I never met the man as he died before I was born, but through his film camera, I felt as though I was able to connect with him in a way. 

Another aspect of photography I like is the tech behind it. I am fascinated by the fact we can capture images and the tech that allows us to do it. I like to shoot film, and digital, choosing to stick with Canon cameras. I figure that if they were good enough for my granddad, they are good enough for me.

I have the FT QL that was my grandad. I also have a more modern EOS Elan 7n. My digital camera by Canon is the EOS 10D. I enjoy taking landscapes and nature photography, as well as taking pictures of clouds. 

Here are two Canon nifty fifties that are 30ish years apart and some of the pictures I’ve captured on these two respective cameras.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG20240626041737-min.jpg
  • 000362010015.jpg
  • 000362010007.jpg
  • Image_2.jpg
  • Image_4.jpg
kcphotogeek and Kamera Brand have reacted to this post.
kcphotogeekKamera Brand

Welcome to the forum Connor, nice selection of shots

Kieran
Quote from Disciple Connor on June 26, 2024, 8:43 am

My name is Connor, and I found this forum through the Snappiness YouTube channel.

I got into photography after finding my grandad's old film camera. It was a Canon FT QL from the sixties. I never met the man as he died before I was born, but through his film camera, I felt as though I was able to connect with him in a way. 

Another aspect of photography I like is the tech behind it. I am fascinated by the fact we can capture images and the tech that allows us to do it. I like to shoot film, and digital, choosing to stick with Canon cameras. I figure that if they were good enough for my granddad, they are good enough for me.

I have the FT QL that was my grandad. I also have a more modern EOS Elan 7n. My digital camera by Canon is the EOS 10D. I enjoy taking landscapes and nature photography, as well as taking pictures of clouds. 

Here are two Canon nifty fifties that are 30ish years apart and some of the pictures I’ve captured on these two respective cameras.

Welcome and great shots! I like the family history behind the cameras. I have a great grandfather that was really into photography, and it's fun hearing stories about that and seeing how similar we are. 

Glad to have you here.

Happy snappin' 🙂