Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Howdy from London!

Hi! I've been following the Snappiness channel for a few weeks now and love the videos!

I started trying photography out only last year with purchasing an old Minolta SRT-101 film camera because of a friend started collecting and told me about how cheap it was and quickly found out how much I enjoy it. Sadly haven't been able to shoot as much film as I originally intended due to film purchasing and development costs but I hope to do more someday.

With the mounting costs of film I heard that actually going for older DSLR models was a totally viable and budget friendly option, and shortly thereafter found the channel and now this forum. Only about 2 weeks ago I bought my first DSLR, a used Pentax K-5 (with battery grip for only about £170) and an old super cheap SMC Pentax-F 35-80mm F4-5.6 for only £10. 

Your videos have been a huge inspiration and I'm having a ton of fun experimenting and learning and I hope to share some at least half-decent pictures with you all!

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Buying the cheapest lenses available because I'm cheap.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your photography!

Yep, I feel that deeply. Shooting film has some pretty serious costs related with it. On the positive side, I find that it has changed my photography all around to be more precise even when shooting digital. Getting more consistent results in regards to exposure, focus, and composition.

Enjoy the K5, I sure had a great time with mine!

SpruceBruce and Herd have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHerd

Welcome! Glad you are enjoying photography. It's a very rewarding hobby in my experience. Engages the brain both intellectually and creatively. Meditative and exhilarating. Nothing better than getting a result you were shooting for (pun intended).

Please share pictures as they come and ask any questions! So far it's a nice laid back group here. 🙂

Beau Carpenter and SpruceBruce have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂