Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hey all!

Hey everyone - been lurking for a little while and wanted to introduce myself!

I've been interested in photography for a little over a year - a friend of mine let me play around with his Canon t5i on a trip to Vermont last year and I was hooked. I bought a t5i a couple of weeks later for about $200. I realize now that there are much better ways I could've spent that money haha.

After a couple different camera systems as I got more serious I ended up with an OM System OM1 (that I unfortunately bought right before the mark two came out, dropping the used price about 25%) for the weather sealing, compact telephotos for wildlife, and cheaper, high quality, compact primes. I'm really happy with it.

I also picked up a Pentax Spotmatic and have been doing some film on it - but don't shoot a lot because my local film developer/scanner is pretty expensive. I'm hoping to pick up some black and white developer and start dev/scanning at home soon.

I am primarily active on Flickr - and you can find me here if you want!

Here's a couple of my favorite shots from various cameras over the 18ish months I've been shooting.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_6061.jpg
  • DSC00832.jpg
  • DSC03155.jpg
  • P3130740.jpg
  • P4150697-Enhanced-NR.jpg
Tristan Carlos and Kamera Brand have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosKamera Brand
Quote from Luke Green on June 17, 2024, 4:00 pm

Hey everyone - been lurking for a little while and wanted to introduce myself!

I've been interested in photography for a little over a year - a friend of mine let me play around with his Canon t5i on a trip to Vermont last year and I was hooked. I bought a t5i a couple of weeks later for about $200. I realize now that there are much better ways I could've spent that money haha.

After a couple different camera systems as I got more serious I ended up with an OM System OM1 (that I unfortunately bought right before the mark two came out, dropping the used price about 25%) for the weather sealing, compact telephotos for wildlife, and cheaper, high quality, compact primes. I'm really happy with it.

I also picked up a Pentax Spotmatic and have been doing some film on it - but don't shoot a lot because my local film developer/scanner is pretty expensive. I'm hoping to pick up some black and white developer and start dev/scanning at home soon.

I am primarily active on Flickr - and you can find me here if you want!

Here's a couple of my favorite shots from various cameras over the 18ish months I've been shooting.

Welcome Luke! That's fun you're getting into film. It can be a great creative outlet to experience photography in a much slower, more manual process. The OM1 looks like a great camera, and those are some nice shots!

Luke Green has reacted to this post.
Luke Green
Happy snappin' 🙂

Welcome and nice shots Luke!

Luke Green has reacted to this post.
Luke Green