Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello Snappiness

It's been a while since I used a forum like this. Lets see how this goes.

Some topic relate information about me.

I currently only shoot digital but I do have some film cameras (mostly Minolta)
I have no brand loyalty, I have cameras from the large 3 (Sony, Canon, Nikon) and some others.
I don't own anything new or expensive, all my usable gear is between 10 and 40 year old, some dust collectors are even older.
My preferred platform is a DSLR with optical viewfinder but I do like the benefit of live view and flippy screens for certain stuff like macro.
And maybe the most controversial, I actually like to use zooms.

Random digicam photo because why not
DSC-HX9V

DSC-HX9V (Sony compact camera from 2011)

JBP, grover and prisonwine have reacted to this post.
JBPgroverprisonwine
Quote from Kamera Brand on April 7, 2024, 6:00 pm

I have no brand loyalty, I have cameras from the large 3 (Sony, Canon, Nikon) and some others.
I don't own anything new or expensive, all my usable gear is between 10 and 40 year old, some dust collectors are even older.
My preferred platform is a DSLR with optical viewfinder but I do like the benefit of live view and flippy screens for certain stuff like macro.

DSC-HX9V

Welcome! πŸ™‚

Hello! Glad to have you here, it's been a while since I poked my head in myself.

I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

DSC-HX9V

Welcome! You know what, I've come to appreciate zooms haha. I still don't shoot many right now, but there's a few that are my go-to's. It's absolutely a falsehood that they can't perform just as good as primes. Maybe that was true at one point, but whatever it doesn't matter πŸ™‚ Now I'm shooting really weird adapted lenses the last few months. Whatever floats your boat haha.

Happy snappin' πŸ™‚
Quote from James Warner on April 14, 2024, 7:58 pm

DSC-HX9V

Welcome! You know what, I've come to appreciate zooms haha. I still don't shoot many right now, but there's a few that are my go-to's. It's absolutely a falsehood that they can't perform just as good as primes. Maybe that was true at one point, but whatever it doesn't matter πŸ™‚ Now I'm shooting really weird adapted lenses the last few months. Whatever floats your boat haha.

I agree, zooms not only have their place but are awesome. Plus I think they've been really good for a while now so budget options abound. In K-mount the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 comes to mind, as does the 55-300 PLM which punches above its weight. The DA* 50-135 f/2.8 can be found for cheap with patience and is ridiculously good. Same for the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8. All those except for the PLM have prime-like IQ at all focal lengths. Actually my Nikon 28-105 is older than all those and really great.

/endrant lol At least it was a positive rant πŸ™‚