Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello from Ontario

Hello everyone

I am a fan of the Snappiness YouTube channel.   I like the focus on Pentax gear without the breathless talk of whatever is new and improved this week.   I am a complete amateur with a k5 and a limited 15, a limited 35, a limited 70,  a DA 16-85, and the recently reissued 10-17 fisheye.  I’ve had the primes since my K10 days, the zooms more recently.  I’ve also had several Sigma zooms that I parted with.   Also use a canon PowerShot g3x for the superzoom, a GoPro, and an iPhone - all are fun in their own ways but I keep coming back to the k5.   

I’m still getting used to my fisheye.  I like how it feels on the k5.  It purple fringes a bit much though.  But it is nice to play with.  Attached is the best image I’ve taken with it yet.   

Regards

Mark

Uploaded files:
  • Road.jpg
Justin Tung, SpruceBruce and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungSpruceBruceGawadHeggenDazsdenniscrommettJBP
Quote from MarkR on March 11, 2022, 5:51 pm

Hello everyone

I am a fan of the Snappiness YouTube channel.   I like the focus on Pentax gear without the breathless talk of whatever is new and improved this week.   I am a complete amateur with a k5 and a limited 15, a limited 35, a limited 70,  a DA 16-85, and the recently reissued 10-17 fisheye.  I’ve had the primes since my K10 days, the zooms more recently.  I’ve also had several Sigma zooms that I parted with.   Also use a canon PowerShot g3x for the superzoom, a GoPro, and an iPhone - all are fun in their own ways but I keep coming back to the k5.   

I’m still getting used to my fisheye.  I like how it feels on the k5.  It purple fringes a bit much though.  But it is nice to play with.  Attached is the best image I’ve taken with it yet.   

Regards

Mark

Welcome my Northern neighbor! Glad to see you join! Just glad things are close to thawing soon...

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs
Quote from MarkR on March 11, 2022, 5:51 pm

Hello everyone

Regards

Mark

Hello Mark, glad you could join us! We enjoy chats on various photography related topics, ask questions, and share our favorite photographs with each other. Feel free to jump right in and start sharing!

That's a great sounding kit. After trying the da 15mm limited I thought to myself I should just go all-in with that setup. But then I got distracted by other things and here I am now 🙂 But that's part of the fun of it. Just finding what clicks with you.

Gawad has reacted to this post.
Gawad
Happy snappin' 🙂

welcome to the snappinness family, I hope you enjoy it here and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Also that's a gorgeous shot

Welcome! I've never been much of a fisheye guy myself, but that's a lovely shot!

Ever striving for minimum competency