Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello from Germany

Hello

I'm Klaus, 66 years old and livng in Germany close to Düsseldorf.

I use Pentax cameras since 1974 starting with a Spotmatic F. Currently im using K1 and newly K3iii for digital and mainly 6x7/67 for film photography - some of my pictures can be seen on Klaus-macht-Bilder.de.

Greetings from Germany

Klaus

Tristan Carlos, Justin Tung and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosJustin TungIronEckyH

Welcome and hello from Nottuln close to Münster. 😉

E.

Klaus Gebert has reacted to this post.
Klaus Gebert
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Welcome, @klausgebert! I really enjoyed looking through your images, particularly your film work. I have the K-1 and K-3III as well (saying that out loud makes me remember how spoiled I am). For film right now I am shooting with the 645n and having lots of fun. I still have yet to develop a roll, just been shooting, so time will tell how the images turn out I suppose! I will share them once I do.

Iron and Klaus Gebert have reacted to this post.
IronKlaus Gebert
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hi there,

Greeting from Braunschweig

also: why do i seem to be among the least pentaxy people on here? is it just old gear nerds and pentax people that even find this forum?

Is that even street bro?
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on November 7, 2022, 1:47 pm

why do i seem to be among the least pentaxy people on here? is it just old gear nerds and pentax people that even find this forum?

Perhaps because a decent number of the inhabitants have found this forum via James' Youtube channel. In my perception he is a Pentaxian and - with every consideration - an "old gear" guy.

In my opinion the good thing here is: James conveys a spirit of "photography is a great hobby - no matter what gear you're using". That relieves from the usual holy wars in "modern gear" forums, where it is more about specs and more gear and the own camera is by far the best and so on. The "Post your $month photos"-threads seem to be the most frequented threads here, which is an expression of what's important here: "Taking photographs with whatever you have." (James Warner)

E.

Iron has reacted to this post.
Iron
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Greetings from Ploen between Kiel and Luebeck! 🙂

I think it's not about Pentax but rather a focus on underdogs and that includes Pentax. I shoot Fuji, Olympus, and Pentax.

Iron and EckyH have reacted to this post.
IronEckyH

Olympus is love

Iron has reacted to this post.
Iron
Is that even street bro?

Hi there,

also: why do i seem to be among the least pentaxy people on here? is it just old gear nerds and pentax people that even find this forum?

Don't tell anyone but I've never shot a Pentax before haha.

Ever striving for minimum competency

Welcome 🙂

Quote from Klaus Gebert on November 5, 2022, 8:19 pm

Hello

I'm Klaus, 66 years old and livng in Germany close to Düsseldorf.

I use Pentax cameras since 1974 starting with a Spotmatic F. Currently im using K1 and newly K3iii for digital and mainly 6x7/67 for film photography - some of my pictures can be seen on Klaus-macht-Bilder.de.

Greetings from Germany

Klaus

Welcome to the forum, Klaus!

Hi there,

Yes, it's a relatively new forum. Just like other ones, they start small. Also, James started his channel showing his love for Pentax. The old gear followed suit. Still, It's a place for enjoying/discussing the love of photography.