Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello from England!

Great to be here! I've shot them all over time - I am very old! From $10 point and shoots to $3500 Sony's and Nikon 810 and 850 DSLR's. That said, NOTHING compares IMO to the experience of shooting the PENTAX K-5 and K-3. (Never had a KP or K1 though!! - maybe soon??) Hope to contribute interestingly here.

Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBrucedenniscrommettJust take the shot
Quote from Elmastrich on June 1, 2022, 10:08 am

Great to be here! I've shot them all over time - I am very old! From $10 point and shoots to $3500 Sony's and Nikon 810 and 850 DSLR's. That said, NOTHING compares IMO to the experience of shooting the PENTAX K-5 and K-3. (Never had a KP or K1 though!! - maybe soon??) Hope to contribute interestingly here.

Welcome! And interesting perspective - those are really nice cameras. I really enjoyed my K-3 original and now K-3 III. So, naturally I agree with your findings 🙂 Excited to hear your thoughts and see your pictures.

Elmastrich has reacted to this post.
Elmastrich
Happy snappin' 🙂

Thanks James. I'm taking delivery of a K-5 with a 67 shutter count this week and hope to post some images taken with it soon!

Uploaded files:
  • K5-1.jpg
Quote from Elmastrich on June 2, 2022, 4:10 pm

Thanks James. I'm taking delivery of a K-5 with a 67 shutter count this week and hope to post some images taken with it soon!

Oh nice, a limited edition silver one at that. Are you getting that 18-135 too? That was my first lens after the 18-55 kit and I shot with it for a number of years. I really liked it. It's not outstanding, but very nice.

Elmastrich has reacted to this post.
Elmastrich
Happy snappin' 🙂

Another one from England hello. It’s great here lots of chatty helpful people. I have a k3 too.

Great stuff! Hello from Germany!

Quote from James Warner on June 3, 2022, 2:06 am
Quote from Elmastrich on June 2, 2022, 4:10 pm

Oh nice, a limited edition silver one at that. Are you getting that 18-135 too? That was my first lens after the 18-55 kit and I shot with it for a number of years. I really liked it. It's not outstanding, but very nice.

yes, the lens is included, all for $150!!