Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello from Australia!

Hi everyone.

Matt here. I live in a little town in Victoria Australia called Cockatoo. It's named after the Cockatoo which is a bird for those wondering. I'm married and have 4 children. 3 boys and a girl.

I'm an enthusiast photographer and I shoot film and digital. I have Minolta film cameras along with a Fujinon ST605 which I predominantly bought for it's 55mm 1.8 Fujinon lens. I have a Fuji X-T20 with Minolta lenses I've converted to work with the digital body. Recently I grabbed a Canon 5D MkII with a 50mm 1.2 and just the other day a 75-300. I'm now on the hunt for a Nikon D80 and...a 50mm lens. 50mm by the way is my favourite focal length 🙂

I've also grabbed some time ago now a TLR made by a company called Seagull. It was brand new in it's box from the late 50's early 60's. I have 120 film ready to put in it, I just haven't plucked up the courage to put it in yet.

Looking forward to being a contributor.

Tristan Carlos and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Tristan Carlosdenniscrommett

Hi Matt, @just-take-the-shot! Welcome, and looking forward to seeing your photos!

Just take the shot has reacted to this post.
Just take the shot
Quote from Just take the shot on May 3, 2022, 9:22 am

Hi everyone.

Matt here. I live in a little town in Victoria Australia called Cockatoo. It's named after the Cockatoo which is a bird for those wondering. I'm married and have 4 children. 3 boys and a girl.

I'm an enthusiast photographer and I shoot film and digital. I have Minolta film cameras along with a Fujinon ST605 which I predominantly bought for it's 55mm 1.8 Fujinon lens. I have a Fuji X-T20 with Minolta lenses I've converted to work with the digital body. Recently I grabbed a Canon 5D MkII with a 50mm 1.2 and just the other day a 75-300. I'm now on the hunt for a Nikon D80 and...a 50mm lens. 50mm by the way is my favourite focal length 🙂

I've also grabbed some time ago now a TLR made by a company called Seagull. It was brand new in it's box from the late 50's early 60's. I have 120 film ready to put in it, I just haven't plucked up the courage to put it in yet.

Welcome Matt! You'll get along well with everyone here. We're an eclectic group of photographers shooting all kinds of gear and subjects. It's nice to share and learn from each other, as well as hear from experiences shooting pieces of gear.

I also have a 55mm f1.8 Fujinon and it's fantastic 🙂 I actually do plan to make a video about it one of these days, just haven't gotten around to it.

Just take the shot has reacted to this post.
Just take the shot
Happy snappin' 🙂

Looking forward to seeing your take on the Fujinon James!

Quote from Just take the shot on May 3, 2022, 9:22 am

Hi everyone.

I've handled a seagull! I was made aware of them when I was looking for a TLR, and just a little while ago I was astonished to see that a local shop had one they were selling. The build quality seemed honestly pretty good, which I was worried about when just researching them. Does yours have the 2.8 viewing lens?

Ever striving for minimum competency

Hi Justin. Yes it does have the 2.8 I wonder if that was the "kit lens" of the day.

Welcome, Matt!

There's always something intriguing about a photographer who has mastered one focal length. Looking forward to your shots!

I'm a 35mm fan but not even anywhere close to mastering it. haha

Quote from tristancarlos on May 22, 2022, 12:17 pm

Welcome, Matt!

There's always something intriguing about a photographer who has mastered one focal length. Looking forward to your shots!

I'm a 35mm fan but not even anywhere close to mastering it. haha

Hmmmm 35mm you say. I must investigate. I don't have nor have I used that focal length. And thank you for the welcome!

Hi Matt,

I'm from Albury-Wodonga here.
I have a Canon 5D mkII also. I've always wanted the 50mm 1.2, I've rented one a few times and that bokeh is sooo creamy.

Enjoy happy snapp'n !