Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello from Albania

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello all! I hope you are alright.

I am Sokol and It's a pleasure to be here.

Like most in this forum I think, I am a Pentaxian, and as such I am very open-minded about other cameras brands, but always end up looking down on them in favor of the mighty Pentax brand... just kidding.

I am a big fan of the Youtube channel, especially with the recent videos about the old forgotten gems James finds.

Cheers!

Daniel Gonzalez, HeggenDazs and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezHeggenDazsdenniscrommettLock5
The camera teaches how to see

Welcome! What are you currently shooting on? Or at least what are your favorite cameras to shoot?

Sokol has reacted to this post.
Sokol

Hello and welcome, Ive not been here long but very helpful and polite people.

Always nice to have another pentaxian onboard.

Sokol
Quote from HeggenDazs on May 2, 2022, 10:42 pm

Welcome! What are you currently shooting on? Or at least what are your favorite cameras to shoot?

My workhorse is the K1, but I also have the K-5, the K-30 which I rarely use, and also a faulty K-x. I am also hooked on film cameras and have quite a collection.

I am currently playing around with an old gadget camera(if you can call it that), the Sony QX10. I am having a blast. Maybe I will make a detailed threat about it.

Daniel Gonzalez and HeggenDazs have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezHeggenDazs
Quote from Lock5 on May 3, 2022, 4:56 am

Hello and welcome, Ive not been here long but very helpful and polite people.

Always nice to have another pentaxian onboard.

Thank you, that really is the case with most Pentaxians. I say the name mostly as a joke when I describe myself, the real Pentaxians are some experienced photographers with a real passion for photography, and quite willing to share their knowledge.

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs

Awesome! Can't wait to see what you've been shooting.

Sokol

Welcome @sokol! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Sokol

Welcome, thanks for stopping by! would love to hear more about that QX10 - what an interesting piece of kit. I looked at a Hasselblad branded point and shoot that hooked up to the MotoZ phone. Certainly very unique, but after looking at reviews... it wasn't so good. Is the QX10 treating you better?

Sokol
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Sokol on May 2, 2022, 9:54 pm

Hello all! I hope you are alright.

I am Sokol and It's a pleasure to be here.

Like most in this forum I think, I am a Pentaxian, and as such I am very open-minded about other cameras brands, but always end up looking down on them in favor of the mighty Pentax brand... just kidding.

I am a big fan of the Youtube channel, especially with the recent videos about the old forgotten gems James finds.

Cheers!

Hey welcome!

Been in Albania in 2019 as a holidays and loved it every minute! What a fantastic country you guys have! Beaches are nice, but I loved specially the Albanian Alps!

Oh and Pentaxian! Double awesome!

Sokol
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo
Quote from James Warner on May 4, 2022, 6:38 pm

Welcome, thanks for stopping by! would love to hear more about that QX10 - what an interesting piece of kit. I looked at a Hasselblad branded point and shoot that hooked up to the MotoZ phone. Certainly very unique, but after looking at reviews... it wasn't so good. Is the QX10 treating you better?

Hey James, nice to be here! I'm having a blast with it but it has it's down sides. For starters, the starting time is killing me, up to 10-15 seconds after the NFC touch with my (also)Sony Xperia 1 phone. I thinking I'm doing something wrong though, I've seen better starting times online.

The shooting experience is like nothing else. you are virtually invisible as a photographer if you shoot it detached from your camera. People perceive you as just another person in the background looking at his phone.

I often struggled with my street photography because of being too self conscious, even with a point and shoot. With the QX10 you feel like the only thing limiting you is your own ethics.

The image  quality is pretty good for this kind of camera, I honestly didn't remember compacts from the 2010's to be this good. you cannot get RAW files from it though, and exposure control is pretty much auto. But you get more controls in the other variants of the line.

Here's an unedited pic at max zoom(250mm) for example:

Uploaded files:
  • DSC00064-s.jpg
Page 1 of 2Next