Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hello.

Hi. If I do not have any social media accounts, i.e. Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, etc., is there still a way for me to share photos saved to a phone or tablet? Thanks in advance.

Jason Szafranski
Quote from Sirfranski on April 4, 2021, 5:28 am

Hi. If I do not have any social media accounts, i.e. Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, etc., is there still a way for me to share photos saved to a phone or tablet? Thanks in advance.

Hey friend! Do you mean in general, or on this forum?

Ever striving for minimum competency

Hi. On this forum.

Jason Szafranski

Yes! It's a little non-intuitive, but pretty simple. I don't know how @james-warner-b does it, but I upload the images to Imgur, then right click and select "copy image location." (this is on a mac, it may be different for different OS'.) Then I can either just paste into a post editor on this forum, or I select the "insert/edit image" from the editor menu, and paste in the URL.

Quote from Sirfranski on April 4, 2021, 5:28 am

Hello. I'd love to see your photos! Right now there is not a way to upload directly to the forum. I am worried about activating this feature because I pay for the storage on this website and increases in storage get very expensive. I am actively looking for solutions to this. For now the only way to share would be to upload to an image/file hosting site and paste the link or bbcode link here. There are loads of free sites that let you do this and you don't have to share personal information like you do with some social media sites. Imgur is one, Flickr is another (though I see you specifically mentioned that one). If you're on Android, google drive/photos, iphone has icloud. Just need a public link to it to share 🙂

Hope that helps!

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on April 5, 2021, 11:08 pm
I am worried about activating this feature because I pay for the storage on this website and increases in storage get very expensive.

Haha I was wondering why this was the case, but that makes perfect sense!

Quote from Justin Tung on April 6, 2021, 2:37 pm
Quote from Snappy on April 5, 2021, 11:08 pm
I am worried about activating this feature because I pay for the storage on this website and increases in storage get very expensive.

Haha I was wondering why this was the case, but that makes perfect sense!

If I can find a way to limit the upload size I will do it, because then it is manageable and scalable. But right now there would be nothing keeping you from uploading a pixel shifted 150mb image and that could get real old real fast :p

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung
Happy snappin' 🙂

@sirfranski

I added a way now to upload photos directly to your post, with some limitations. See the below post for more details:

https://www.snappiness.space/forum/topic/how-to-share-images-introducing-bbcode-support/#postid-107

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user
Happy snappin' 🙂

Thank you!

Jason Szafranski