Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Helios Lenses

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
Quote from HeggenDazs on November 14, 2021, 4:05 pm

it should be a lot of fun, the glitch it has is odd. It switches randomly around modes and between viewfinder and live mode after being on for a few minutes. It could be a software glitch or also an issue with contacts on the mode dial? Not 100% sure, at the worst I imagine I'd have to pull the body apart to reseat a connection.

Yeah hopefully just cleaning the mode dial would do it. I've heard people that do this with other cameras. Using some sort of compressed air or something.

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs
Happy snappin' 🙂

Here's the fun part though, you know how Pentax is weather proof? Well the contacts are on the inside of the body away from the elements so in able to maintain it you have to take the top off the K-1. A bit more work but I think I can manage it.

I forgot to follow up with some of the Helios shots. So here they are!

Stuck by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Lake-Front by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

Saturated by Alec Heggen, on Flickr[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mQHaed]

[/url]Flocking for the Sun by Alec Heggen, on Flickr

SpruceBruce, Gawad and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawadJBP

I noticed the lens has a pretty strong detail fall-off. Photos with less detail toward the edges tend to be more successful from what I've seen from shooting with it. I really like the results though, even if they're not always spot-on. It produces some really interesting photos.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Currently trying to get more photos with this duo. I have only gotten a few shots with the K-1 and 44K-4 so far but I have a feeling these two go together quite well.

Uploaded files:
  • 08D02C13-B84D-4F18-87C8-392D3EC33696.jpeg
SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on January 3, 2022, 7:06 pm

I thought I commented on these a while ago. Apparently not. Just wanted to say they are superb! The colors are so pleasing. Are the Helios lenses known for that?

Quote from HeggenDazs on February 4, 2022, 8:55 pm

Currently trying to get more photos with this duo. I have only gotten a few shots with the K-1 and 44K-4 so far but I have a feeling these two go together quite well.

Do you have any conservatories or greenhouses near you?  Feel like it'd be a great way to push the DoF.  Since you said you were struggling with the brown dead Iowa winter from a fellow Minnesota brown dead winter struggling to find compositions neighbor.

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs
Quote from JBP on February 4, 2022, 11:35 pm
Quote from HeggenDazs on January 3, 2022, 7:06 pm

I thought I commented on these a while ago. Apparently not. Just wanted to say they are superb! The colors are so pleasing. Are the Helios lenses known for that?

Thanks! I don't know if they're necessarily known for their color. However, I would say that is actually a pretty strong suit of my helios. Especially around sundown, sunrise the lens just has a knack for great color and contrast and I don't find myself editing the colors very heavily.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP

@jbp https://www.ebay.com/itm/184723715438?hash=item2b0264356e:g:gDEAAOSwOMxf6y5x

This guy is from around the same production batch as mine, so I can assume it's about the same quality. Mine has a lovely focus wheel and a nice clicky aperture ring. It's pretty tops, plus this version of the helios comes in a K-mount flavor! You can plonk it right on the Pentax of your liking.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next