Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greetings from the Windy City

PreviousPage 3 of 3
Quote from Snappy on July 2, 2021, 6:43 pm
It is 140cm closest focusing distance. I’m not sure how that compared with the Nikon. Optically I have no complaints. Zero regrets purchasing it. No TC yet, but I am eying the one modern TC Pentax has. Many Pentax users pair it specifically with this lens for excellent results. Are you often using a teleconverter?

Nikkor is about the same. The Pentax will probably make a good bug lens.  I have the 1.7TC.  image quality suffers a little but is still good (See Osprey pic) AF is not as good in low light.  I am going to get the 1.4TC.

Had a chance to shoot with the new PF version of this lens.  OMG is it awesome. My other buddy has the 500 PF and a D850.  He keeps sending these amazing images.

Quote from SpruceBruce on July 3, 2021, 12:49 am

@Snappy, somebody posted this mockup on Pentax Rumors for an LX type mirrorless camera.   https://pentaxrumors.com/2021/06/27/pentax-mirrorless-camera-mockup/

I'd throw my money right at it.

@Kanrat What 70-300 are you currently using? The AF-P FX one? I had the AF-P Dx and was surprised how well it worked.

This one.

It was $299 refurbed from nikon. came in a white box but other than that it was like new.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
PreviousPage 3 of 3