Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greetings from Norway

Hello fellows!

I am JensM, and I have been photographing on and off since 1980ish when I bought my first SLR, a Pentax ME Super at the age of 12ish. Did some paid work in due time, both as a camera salesman and as a P&I officer, with some freelancing on the side.

Spent the better parts of the 00 and 10s out of the game, primarily using a few  P&S to snap JPGs and the Canon EOS 620 for "serious work" of which there where very little.

Bought a Pentax K7 when it came out, due to it being small and light, but ended up with it being bulky and mostly spending time on a shelf, had a hard look on the Fujis from about 2011 to 15, but ended up in the M43 universe on a friends advice, and have built a decent system around the Lumix offerings since that.

These days the system is still there, but it somehow has drifted into a collection as well, with branches out into "advanced" P&S in the 10-12 Mp category and other odd stuff that picks my interest.  I also have a small collection of analogs, mostly inherited stuff along with my own old users.

Am not a high volume shooter, I tend somewhat to shoot conservatively like in the film days when on my own dime, but I note a tendency to shoot a bit more these days. I may be adopting to digital.

Still have most of the film gear around, including the bits for a decent dark room set-up, but dont think I will be doing much more of film, to be frank. I tend to run the mechanisms on them every once in a while, just to keep them in trim, though.

Found the forum via the youtube channel, and a quick browse made me join  and looking forward to participating in the community.

Best regards
JensM

Uploaded files:
  • Topcon.jpg
SpruceBruce, Daniel Gonzalez and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel GonzalezJBPEckyHDWMO
Best regards, JensM "If your photographic interest is taking photos of a brick wall, in dim light. This may not be the lens for you" - David Thorpe

Welcome @jensm! You'll fit right in here. We have a big mix of photographers shooting film, p&s digital, DSLR, mirrorless, old, new and everything in between! Feel free to open a new thread and share your thoughts about anything photography related, and share some of your favorite photos you've taken. Happy to have you here!

SpruceBruce and JensM have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJensM
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hej Jens,

Welcome! I have some good friends from and living in the Oslo area. You guys have a beautiful (and maybe a bit too cold for my taste) country.

JensM has reacted to this post.
JensM
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

Welcome to the forum!

Daniel Gonzalez, DWMO and JensM have reacted to this post.
Daniel GonzalezDWMOJensM

Hello from Australia.

JensM
Quote from JensM on February 26, 2023, 8:02 pm

Hello fellows!

I am JensM, and I have been photographing on and off since 1980ish when I bought my first SLR, a Pentax ME Super at the age of 12ish. Did some paid work in due time, both as a camera salesman and as a P&I officer, with some freelancing on the side.

Spent the better parts of the 00 and 10s out of the game, primarily using a few  P&S to snap JPGs and the Canon EOS 620 for "serious work" of which there where very little.

Bought a Pentax K7 when it came out, due to it being small and light, but ended up with it being bulky and mostly spending time on a shelf, had a hard look on the Fujis from about 2011 to 15, but ended up in the M43 universe on a friends advice, and have built a decent system around the Lumix offerings since that.

These days the system is still there, but it somehow has drifted into a collection as well, with branches out into "advanced" P&S in the 10-12 Mp category and other odd stuff that picks my interest.  I also have a small collection of analogs, mostly inherited stuff along with my own old users.

Am not a high volume shooter, I tend somewhat to shoot conservatively like in the film days when on my own dime, but I note a tendency to shoot a bit more these days. I may be adopting to digital.

Still have most of the film gear around, including the bits for a decent dark room set-up, but dont think I will be doing much more of film, to be frank. I tend to run the mechanisms on them every once in a while, just to keep them in trim, though.

Found the forum via the youtube channel, and a quick browse made me join  and looking forward to participating in the community.

Best regards
JensM

Welcome to the forum @jensm!

JensM

Hello from Spain

JensM