Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greetings from Canada

Hello everyone! My name is Julian. I got into photography when I got an Instax Instant Film camera a few years ago for my birthday, which was fun for a while until I got tired of spending all of my savings on film. This led to me to buying an older Canon Rebel T1i DSLR so I could take pictures a lot more often and not have to go broke while doing it. My photography skills probably aren't that great at the moment, but I hope I can improve over time and see if this a path I want to take for a career in the future.

I don't know how to end this post, but I'll just say that I'm excited to meet new people on this forum and see if I could get any tips that could help improve my photography. Cheers!

Uploaded files:
  • Seagull_Rock2.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBruceJBPEckyH
Quote from Julian MacInnis (Julz) on January 7, 2023, 9:04 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Julian. I got into photography when I got an Instax Instant Film camera a few years ago for my birthday, which was fun for a while until I got tired of spending all of my savings on film. This led to me to buying an older Canon Rebel T1i DSLR so I could take pictures a lot more often and not have to go broke while doing it. My photography skills probably aren't that great at the moment, but I hope I can improve over time and see if this a path I want to take for a career in the future.

I don't know how to end this post, but I'll just say that I'm excited to meet new people on this forum and see if I could get any tips that could help improve my photography. Cheers!

Julian, welcome! We have a good mix of film and digital photographers here. And then there's people like me who shoot both still mostly for the fun of it 🙂 Everyone is friendly, and everyone is learning! So don't feel embarrassed to share your photos along with the rest of us! I learn from observing others photographic eyes, no matter how long they've been doing it.

Glad to have you with us!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

Welcome to the forum! I did the same thing: started out on film but moved to digital due to development costs. The people here have helped me improve my photography a lot so I think you're in the right place. 🙂

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Welcome, Julian! Spending all your money on film? Psh. Who would ever do that... Oh wait it's me.

Like other people have said, this community is a great group of people who love to help out, and are all in the process!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Ever striving for minimum competency

Welcome to the forum!