Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greetings from Brussels

Hi there,

I've been a Pentax user ever since I switched to digital, back in 2012. I think. But I basically like all kinds of gear. Well, at least a lot of them. As long as I enjoy using it, it's good enough for me.

I'm a keen follower of the snappiness youtube channel.

Happy to be here, and

Greetings from Belgium!

Laurens

P.S.: The diminutive of my name is Lens. Really. My entire childhood, I was called Lens. 🙂

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettkcphotogeekJBP

Welcome! That's funny you were called lens growing up! Have you always been into photography, or did that hobby come later in life?

I've been using Pentax since I got my first DSLR, a K200D back in 2010 time frame. Great cameras. Still my favorite out of all my other systems 🙂

Happy snappin' 🙂

I sort of "always have been into photography", but film until about 2006 (having started in 1997, or so). I always wanted a K1000, but ended up with a Canon FTb and a New-F1 (which are great, of course).

Having too many expensive hobbies, I took a break from photography. I picked it up again in the digital world with the K-5 II. The K-1 afterwards.

The funny thing is that after switching to digital, I finally got that K1000. And a Spotmatic. A Super-A (or Pentax Super Program). And a P50. 🙂 

Happy to be here!

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettJBP

Welcome to the forum, Laurens. May I call you by your nickname? It's great!

I hear you about expensive hobbies. My photography story arc is similar to yours, starting enthusiastically with film (Canon AE-1 Program) in about 2006, but I couldn't afford to buy or develop film so I soon set it aside. I went digital in 2010 and have been there since... but here I am in 2022 with a K1000 I can't wait to use! It's a fun little camera, isn't it? I really enjoy the simple metering system it has.

Laurens has reacted to this post.
Laurens
Quote from JBP on January 19, 2022, 2:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, Laurens. May I call you by your nickname? It's great!

Feel free to do so! 😀

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett