Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greetings Fellow ShutterBugs!

My name is Chris and I hail from the Upper Midwest region of the USA.

I started watching/following your YouTube channel recently once I searched for some of the rare and obscure cameras in my own camera collection such as the Pentax Q10 Mirrorless, Sigma SD15 DSLR, and Sony f828 Bridge Camera to be pleasantly surprised that you had reviewed many of them.  It's great to see someone else with their own take on old and bizarre cameras a lot of people probably never heard of let alone handled.

I spend a decent amount of my "Fun Money" on my collection which ranges from 1-2mp Point and Shoot cameras from the early 2000s up to my more modern workhorses I bring out for event and serious photography. My personal collection is a modest 45 cameras right now; and I've shot a lot more then what is currently in my collection by trading them off for something else "new".

I enjoy shooting APS C crop and smaller sensors which is backwards from how most photographers operate but it fits my aesthetic. (I have one FF body and I bought it because it is different- a Sony a99 and I use this on the rare time I want that "Full Frame Look but with Minolta Film lenses from the 1980s I paid no more then $50 a piece...)

Recently started a Blog where I'm also sharing my thoughts on cameras from my collection and from friends I have borrowed. I have a goal of shooting and reviewing a different camera a week for a year, so 52 cameras in all. This blog is in my Profile in case anyone is curious and wants to take a look.

At any rate, it's fun to meet others who take a Photography hobby beyond just owning One $5000 body and three really expensive lenses.  And while that's how a lot of professionals run; its not for me.  I'm having fun appreciating nuances between different cameras and lenses vs shooting the same eggs in one basket investment.

Cheers!

James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterJBPEckyH

Hello Chris! welcome to the forum. A lot of what you're into is shared by some of the regulars here, so hopefully you feel at home!

52 cameras is nuts! I think at most, I had 10 and I felt like a hoarder haha.

North Wolf Photography has reacted to this post.
North Wolf Photography
Ever striving for minimum competency

Welcome! I think you'll feel at home here. Yeah a lot of us shoot Pentax but not many of us do so exclusively. Several, maybe even most, of us have a good variety. 🙂 Your 52 camera project sounds like a fun endeavor, I'll have to check out your blog!

SpruceBruce and North Wolf Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceNorth Wolf Photography

Thanks!  And I don't have 52 cameras yet (am borrowing a few from my friends to make up for the ones I need for my Blog challenge) but I'm not far off from that point. Though I'd say only about 10 of them are cameras that are worth more then $20-50

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Welcome Chris! You're definitely in the right place. I look forward to seeing and hearing more of your thoughts here. We have a fun group that dig into all kinds of interesting cameras and aspects of photography. There is an common understanding here that older cameras are fun and good, and you don't have to have the latest and greatest. Easier than having to explain that in front of every post in some other photography forums 😉

I just moved to Iowa from Texas. There's a few of us in the midwest area too.

Best of luck on your 52 blog posts this year! Feel free to share here when you post a new one on a camera. I'm sure many of us would enjoy reading about some of them.

SpruceBruce and North Wolf Photography have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceNorth Wolf Photography
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from North Wolf Photography on February 6, 2023, 8:55 pm

My name is Chris and I hail from the Upper Midwest region of the USA.

I started watching/following your YouTube channel recently once I searched for some of the rare and obscure cameras in my own camera collection such as the Pentax Q10 Mirrorless, Sigma SD15 DSLR, and Sony f828 Bridge Camera to be pleasantly surprised that you had reviewed many of them.  It's great to see someone else with their own take on old and bizarre cameras a lot of people probably never heard of let alone handled.

I spend a decent amount of my "Fun Money" on my collection which ranges from 1-2mp Point and Shoot cameras from the early 2000s up to my more modern workhorses I bring out for event and serious photography. My personal collection is a modest 45 cameras right now; and I've shot a lot more then what is currently in my collection by trading them off for something else "new".

I enjoy shooting APS C crop and smaller sensors which is backwards from how most photographers operate but it fits my aesthetic. (I have one FF body and I bought it because it is different- a Sony a99 and I use this on the rare time I want that "Full Frame Look but with Minolta Film lenses from the 1980s I paid no more then $50 a piece...)

Recently started a Blog where I'm also sharing my thoughts on cameras from my collection and from friends I have borrowed. I have a goal of shooting and reviewing a different camera a week for a year, so 52 cameras in all. This blog is in my Profile in case anyone is curious and wants to take a look.

At any rate, it's fun to meet others who take a Photography hobby beyond just owning One $5000 body and three really expensive lenses.  And while that's how a lot of professionals run; its not for me.  I'm having fun appreciating nuances between different cameras and lenses vs shooting the same eggs in one basket investment.

Cheers!

Awesome collection! I just picked up the Sony A99 myself, it's such a treat to use when I'm not feeling the crop on my Minolta 7D!

North Wolf Photography has reacted to this post.
North Wolf Photography