Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Greetings and Salutations

Hi. So I am a new Pentax owner, having bought a Ks2 less than six months ago, which I really enjoy so far (still kinda wish I'd picked up the K70). I have always enjoyed photography,  but this is my first interchangeable lens camera. I am presently tumbling down this photography rabbit hole, and loving every minute of it, and especially happy to have chosen the Pentax specific one. (Or did it choose me 🤔) I really enjoy everything about Pentax so far. The history, the gear, the photos, and most importantly, the photographers, who seem especially unpretentious in their opinions,  advice, and overall position in the photography world.  I first found the Snappiness YouTube channel after a search for Pentax. The photos are beautiful, but more than that, I enjoy the calming nature of the presentation,  and the focus on the photographer first and gear second. My photography IQ is rather low at this point, but I am trying to soak in as much as I can. A humble thank you in advance to yourself,  and all who offer to share photos, advice, or other snippets of wisdom. That being said, here are some of my favorite captures so far... The first four were shot with the 50mm "plastic fantastic". The last is the first time I stopped down the 15mm Limited (green ring) I just picked up from a member on the Pentax forum, and pointed it at the sun. You are to blame for me loving this new lens! Thank you! 😉 More to come.

Uploaded files:
  • 20210402_005914.jpg
  • 20210322_062906.jpg
  • 20210224_202021.jpg
  • 20210228_224048.jpg
  • 6532.jpeg
James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceIron
Jason Szafranski

Welcome! Wonderful pictures. I would be happy with those myself. I would not have guessed you haven't had more time behind the camera. I didn't start messing with star bursts until last year 😉

sirfranski has reacted to this post.
sirfranski
Happy snappin' 🙂