Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Great Colors, sharp lenses and why i love my OM-D E-M1 II

PreviousPage 2 of 2

All really interesting! I've been mostly a Fuji user (just kinda landed in it) but in the last couple years of learning more about taking photos and what I like about it, I find myself firmly loving vibrant, interesting, filmy colors - so, I've been curious about Olympus! Fun to look into. And thanks for the note on the E-M1 mark ii manual, just found it and looked at that page and you're right. Good stuff!

From my experience with both an E-M1 II and a GX80 have great controls. The colors are a whole different story. At least SOOC, olympus is WAY MORE true to life. pretty much spot on. the Panasonic is quite easy to get a Leica-like look when editing the raws, but the SOOC colors are not as lifelike. both do a great job and perform perfectly. the lenses are great.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Is that even street bro?

Love my em1 mark ii.

I only have two lenses - 45mm 1.8 and 60mm macro. They're both incredible, tiny, sharp and fast to focus.

Files are beautiful. They're much noisier than bigger sensors of equivalent tech, but no one cares about noise in photos. It's very grain-like anyway - I'm happy shooting iso 1600 at least, not needed to go higher yet.

The ibis is very good, and apparently much better in newer models still! And focus bracketing helped with the mushroom shots below. I hand held and stacked in post, but if I had a tripod it can produce a stacked jpeg in-camera. I seldom use a tripod.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20221114_161841_724.jpg
  • IMG_20221113_160143_275.jpg
  • RSPB-Fen-November-2022-funghi-stack-1-Edit-Web-1-1.jpg
  • RSPB-Fen-November-2022-funghi-stack-3-Web-2-1.jpg
  • IMG_20221113_160143_275.jpg
James Warner and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerEckyH
Quote from ThePrettyDamned on November 19, 2022, 6:39 am

Love my em1 mark ii.

I only have two lenses - 45mm 1.8 and 60mm macro. They're both incredible, tiny, sharp and fast to focus.

Files are beautiful. They're much noisier than bigger sensors of equivalent tech, but no one cares about noise in photos. It's very grain-like anyway - I'm happy shooting iso 1600 at least, not needed to go higher yet.

The ibis is very good, and apparently much better in newer models still! And focus bracketing helped with the mushroom shots below. I hand held and stacked in post, but if I had a tripod it can produce a stacked jpeg in-camera. I seldom use a tripod.

Those are two lenses I've heard a lot of good things about! You've done goo work with them!

Carl has reacted to this post.
Carl
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 2