Please or Register to create posts and topics.

GR III Photos!

Page 1 of 2Next

I thought I'd share some of my photos with the Ricoh GR III. I purchased it right around the U.S. release and it's been a constant companion since then.

R0000224 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000225 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000233 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000235 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000372-2 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

Most of the time I process color files through the in-camera RAW editing using positive film. The B&W was processed in Lightroom and On1 Effects.

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucesirfranskidenniscrommett
I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

The BW Moodiness on the last one is killer.

agentlossing has reacted to this post.
agentlossing

So good. I love my GR and one day when it dies (or who knows, maybe before) I'll go for the GRIII. Mostly looking forward to IBIS. Before buying my GR I never thought I would spend $800 on a fixed lens compact camera, but now after owning the original I get it.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

The first and third are truly amazing to me! The clarity in the building pic with the shadows. Looks like paper mache...

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Jason Szafranski
Quote from sirfranski on April 8, 2021, 9:35 am

The first and third are truly amazing to me! The clarity in the building pic with the shadows. Looks like paper mache...

Thank you! I agree - that first shot was one of the first I took with the camera and it still surprises me how the camera rendered the scene and the colors.

I ramble on sometimes about snap photography, photographic philosophy and equipment! Ye be warned.

Here are some more - switching gears to the camera's hi-contrast B&W JPEG mode. All pre-you-know-what, if you're surprised by the uncovered faces.

R0000861 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

untitled by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0001116 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0001124 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0001126 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0001130 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

SpruceBruce and sirfranski have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucesirfranski

Back to some color photos!

R0002878 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0002871 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0002876 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0002873 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0002884 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

I think all of those were JPEGs from the camera except the last one, I couldn't get the green just the way I wanted it till I took it into Lightroom.

Beau Carpenter, sirfranski and denniscrommett have reacted to this post.
Beau Carpentersirfranskidenniscrommett

What city are these last shots taken in? Really interesting subjects.

I have tried the in-camera processing once on my GR for a black and white picture. Turned out really nice. I'll have to play more with it.

Happy snappin' 🙂

Portland Oregon for the above. It's the big city for me, over four hours away. But sometimes you have to go. Haven't been there in over a year, unfortunately.

Very nice images! Was the photo of the mushrooms taken with the macro mode?

Page 1 of 2Next