Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fujifilm X-E1 on loan, any tips?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Got the camera and am having loads of fun with it. This is with the 35mm f1.4 TTArtisans lens Kevin also sent me.

Backyard Swing by Snappiness, on Flickr

I edited the RAW and like it. I was using the Velvia vivid preset in camera and it was way too much. I'll keep experimenting with those.

I also experimented with the dynamic range setting. I think for some shots it could be nice, but I think I prefer it off. Maybe I'm just use to getting an image out of camera that isn't stretched, and stretching it myself? But the images out of camera with the setting at 200% or 400% looked way over processed to me. Once again, small sample size, could just be the situations I was shooting.

Really nice camera to hold. Manual focus is pretty easy, it has a good peaking mode. Love the shutter sound. That's it so far 🙂

Beau Carpenter, JBP and EckyH have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterJBPEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from James Warner on August 8, 2022, 12:57 pm

Got the camera and am having loads of fun with it. This is with the 35mm f1.4 TTArtisans lens Kevin also sent me.

Backyard Swing by Snappiness, on Flickr

I edited the RAW and like it. I was using the Velvia vivid preset in camera and it was way too much. I'll keep experimenting with those.

I also experimented with the dynamic range setting. I think for some shots it could be nice, but I think I prefer it off. Maybe I'm just use to getting an image out of camera that isn't stretched, and stretching it myself? But the images out of camera with the setting at 200% or 400% looked way over processed to me. Once again, small sample size, could just be the situations I was shooting.

Really nice camera to hold. Manual focus is pretty easy, it has a good peaking mode. Love the shutter sound. That's it so far 🙂

Great photo. It looks like a fun camera to use. How do you like the viewfinder location? It seems like that would make it more comfortable to shoot. Shutter sound has become important to me after realizing I'm pretty much addicted to my K-3's shutter sound. I think I get a good dopamine hit from it that I don't get from our Canon G7X which barely has an audible sound. 🤣

PreviousPage 2 of 2