Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fred out in Fairfield California.

Been watching your YouTube channel and thought I would like to try a micro 4/3 camera. Just bought an Olympus Pen Lite E-PL3. My DSLR is a Pentax K-5 recently bought the 10-17mm fisheye and the 55-300mm telephoto lenses. Have had some fun with the Olloclip Len system for iPhone photography. So expect similar fun to be had with the Olympus 4/3 camera. Here is a favorite macro shot from my iPhone with Olloclip macro lens. https://instagram.com/p/BvsSLRXleoO/

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPEckyHRyanG

Welcome! Great setups, had a K-5 and ended up selling it... big regret! Looking forward to hearing your foray into M4/3 it's a fun system!

SpruceBruce and Fred Thompson have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceFred Thompson

Welcome! You're gonna love M4/3. Definitely keep that K-5 also! 😁 Lovely macro shot you shared, I look forward to seeing more.

SpruceBruceFred Thompson

Welcome aboard!!

I don't know anything about m43 but I do know that small, portable cameras are always a win.

SpruceBruceFred Thompson

Welcome Fred.

m4/3 is a good addition to an APS-C system, especially when Pentax is the APS-C part and Olympus the m4/3 part. 😉

The PEN Lite E-PL3 is a nice little camera and imho the available m4/3 pancake lenses would be the perfect combination. Have fun with it!

E.

Fred Thompson has reacted to this post.
Fred Thompson
Veni, vidi, serravi.

Welcome Fred, thanks for stopping by. Sounds like you have a nice setup going on. We look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your thoughts on things 🙂

Fred Thompson has reacted to this post.
Fred Thompson
Happy snappin' 🙂

Welcome Fred!  I've also been looking into a M4/3 Olympus system, but have not purchased on yet. Can't wait to see some images from yours.  The Olloclip really does give the iphone a macro boost!  Very nice images on your instagram!

Ryan