Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fixing the discount K-1

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from HeggenDazs on December 8, 2021, 9:44 pm

In the box "Explanation of Repairs" the technician has written this:

Repaired top housing operations

Clean image sensor

A complete repair and return to all functions to factory specs

Update firmware to latest version 1.55 (the camera was already on 1.55)

Interesting. I wonder what that "repair" entailed. I'm not saying they're dishonest, what I'm implying is maybe for whatever reason they tinkered with something and just luckily didn't have the issue when testing it? Or maybe they did actually replace some parts, and in that case it sort of eliminates that portion of the camera as the problem (I mean potentially, hard to totally rule it out without knowing how these things work.)

That's frustrating though.

Happy snappin' 🙂

New development in the K-1 story? For some reason the more I use the camera the less it glitches out?? I have no clue but now the K-1 has been somewhat stable for the last couple days and I've been enjoying using it. I will keep the group updated on what happens next.

Beau Carpenter, SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawad
Quote from HeggenDazs on December 11, 2021, 2:16 am

New development in the K-1 story? For some reason the more I use the camera the less it glitches out?? I have no clue but now the K-1 has been somewhat stable for the last couple days and I've been enjoying using it. I will keep the group updated on what happens next.

In that old Oregon Trail PC game, when someone got bitten by a snake I would chose the option “walk it off”. This seems like that 😀 Glad it’s at least a little less finicky…

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

So the K-1 has just stopped having issues. I can honestly say I got one heck of a deal here, 2 APS-C Sigma lenses, 1 FF and the K-1 for $750. I'm not sure what happened but my honest guess is that there was some issue with a component making contact with another component and shorting a switch or something and causing the camera to wig out. Over time of transporting in bags and toting the camera I'm assuming it settled into a spot where that's not the case. I can go out for a long day of shooting and see zero issues.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on February 1, 2022, 3:32 pm

So the K-1 has just stopped having issues. I can honestly say I got one heck of a deal here, 2 APS-C Sigma lenses, 1 FF and the K-1 for $750. I'm not sure what happened but my honest guess is that there was some issue with a component making contact with another component and shorting a switch or something and causing the camera to wig out. Over time of transporting in bags and toting the camera I'm assuming it settled into a spot where that's not the case. I can go out for a long day of shooting and see zero issues.

That's great news! Glad to hear it. Hopefully it doesn't come back right before an important shot 😟 Definitely a great deal. And glad you get to play more with it and some of your lenses. It's a really special camera to me.

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 2