Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Firmware for Olympus E-1?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered... I looked but could not find. 

I am trying to rediscover my love of photography, from long ago with film, and am proceeding with that search/need with three cameras, an Olympus E-300, a newly found (and pristine) E-1 and a Nikon P7000 (for easier carry).  Not that anything was a problem but I have been able to update the firmware on the E-300 and the P7000 to the last available versions.  But I have not had such good luck in finding anything for the E-1.  It sits at V1.0, with a shutter count in the 800-900 range.

Does anyone know of a stash of firmware files for the E-1?  And I suppose something like instructions (or warnings...) about the update process? 

It is probably not a problem, at least until I want to try some "newer" lens, and especially with my current skillset.  That said... 

Any and all help appreciated...  Robert

Let me check which firmware my E-1 is on when I get home. I can't remember if I updated the firmware on it, or if I've only done that with my e300 (now sold). 

Happy snappin' 🙂

James... Thanks for that... even if it is just in the looking!

I found @robdido (Roberto Di Donato) on YouTube with files and a procedure for the E-300 and E-500 but I have found nothing for the E-1.  The E-1 I was lucky enough to find is just about perfect.  It is just my way to want to make it the best it can be, not that it will hurt anything to leave it as it is.

Thanks for any help... Thanks too for your showing of the older cameras, the interest and experimenting.

Looks like mine is on the original firmware, 1.0, so I haven't updated this one ever. 

I was looking through the firmware updates (they went up to version 1.5) and it doesn't look like too much we're missing out on. Still would be nice to update if possible.

https://support.jp.omsystem.com/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/e1.html

Happy snappin' 🙂

Thanks much for the looking...  I'll post back if I do find anything but I wonder if even finding the files would be enough. 

I saw the following.. talking about possibly needing Olympus Viewer, Studio and uhhhh, Windows XP... but maybe that is the official way and there are other ways to approach it.  Still, not hopeful.

https://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/support/e-1#section-download-software