Please or Register to create posts and topics.

East Coast fun!

Hi all,

I've been absent a lot working most of my free time doing overtime, trying to get debt free/build up a house fund, so photography hasn't been a priority as of late. But I did squeeze in a 4 day vacation back to Philadelphia and South Jersey last week to visit my Grandma and family. I'm sharing some photos of the sightseeing we did in various parts of the Philadelphia area, I was so excited to take my girlfriend around all the history and cool places around me. I took the K1 with FA31 Limited, and Super Takumar 200mm F4, and the Nikon Coolpix A, which became my favorite go to through out the trip.

Day 1, we landed in Philadelphia and hit Tommy DiNic's inside the Reading Market terminal for cheese steaks and Italian Pork Roast, and then hit up the Delaware Bay. Unfortunately all my pics came out blurry inside the market, but it's full of so many neon signs.  One day I'll go back and get some decent exposures.

These photos came from a town called Fortescue, my Dad's side of the family emigrated there in the 1700s and were oyster boat operators. Alot of the fishing industry has died off unfortunately, but I love the small quaint towns on the bay, and how peaceful they are with relics of the past. Coolpix A was used all photos except the light house.

The next day we traveled to Lancaster County, PA, and took in the views on the Strasburg Railroad. It's the oldest running railroad in the country, and saw all the Amish residents who call the area home. It was my favorite place to go as a kid. I was huge into model railroads long before cameras!

My Pops candid shot

Later we stopped by the Conestoga House and Gardens.

My K1's battery died on me, and I couldn't capture everything I wanted too.

Day 3 we went to Cape May, and ate at the Lobster House. I didn't take my camera out much, I spent more time with the GF/Family. The seafood is literally offloaded and cooked there. Caught the trawlers docking for the evening at the wharf, shot on the Coolpix A.

I'll add another post tomorrow with the final visit we did before heading back to Minnesota.

James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungGawaddenniscrommettJBPEckyH

Those photos are fantastic and it looks like such an amazing trip! Plenty of variety! I have looked a few times at train rides like that, on historic trains or lines as an activity. It's never totally worked out but looks really fun!

Down here in San Antonio we have several public parks that operate mini model trains you can ride for a few dollars. Those are super fun for kids (and adults, I guess!) and the operators always look like they're super into it. They are pretty lengthy rides too.

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂

Wow @sprucebruce, great photos, and I especially love the one of the boat with the sail with all that movement! Feels like that could be a cool album cover. I may ask you about that some day! Thanks!

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

The colors are amazing! Did you have to juice them up in post?

Quote from SpruceBruce on September 24, 2022, 3:31 am

Hi all,

I've been absent a lot working most of my free time doing overtime, trying to get debt free/build up a house fund, so photography hasn't been a priority as of late. But I did squeeze in a 4 day vacation back to Philadelphia and South Jersey last week to visit my Grandma and family. I'm sharing some photos of the sightseeing we did in various parts of the Philadelphia area, I was so excited to take my girlfriend around all the history and cool places around me. I took the K1 with FA31 Limited, and Super Takumar 200mm F4, and the Nikon Coolpix A, which became my favorite go to through out the trip.

Day 1, we landed in Philadelphia and hit Tommy DiNic's inside the Reading Market terminal for cheese steaks and Italian Pork Roast, and then hit up the Delaware Bay. Unfortunately all my pics came out blurry inside the market, but it's full of so many neon signs.  One day I'll go back and get some decent exposures.

These photos came from a town called Fortescue, my Dad's side of the family emigrated there in the 1700s and were oyster boat operators. Alot of the fishing industry has died off unfortunately, but I love the small quaint towns on the bay, and how peaceful they are with relics of the past. Coolpix A was used all photos except the light house.

The next day we traveled to Lancaster County, PA, and took in the views on the Strasburg Railroad. It's the oldest running railroad in the country, and saw all the Amish residents who call the area home. It was my favorite place to go as a kid. I was huge into model railroads long before cameras!

My Pops candid shot

Later we stopped by the Conestoga House and Gardens.

My K1's battery died on me, and I couldn't capture everything I wanted too.

Day 3 we went to Cape May, and ate at the Lobster House. I didn't take my camera out much, I spent more time with the GF/Family. The seafood is literally offloaded and cooked there. Caught the trawlers docking for the evening at the wharf, shot on the Coolpix A.

I'll add another post tomorrow with the final visit we did before heading back to Minnesota.

Lovely shots!