Please or Register to create posts and topics.

E. Ludwig Meritar 50 2.9 - Exacta mount

This is not a lens I would've bought on purpose, but I wanted to get an Exacta adapter, so I could buy a specific lens that's like 30% the price in the Exacta mount… and I found KEH selling the adapter plus this lens for $50. "Ugly" condition. It arrived and it's dirty and dusty inside but not scratched or fungus-y.

And it renders images in a way that looks like film. In a cheap film camera! Shots below on my Fuji X-M1 (XTrans 1).

It flares/veils a lot (huge window to the left of frame):

But gets much contrastier when shielded (with my hand in this case):

I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy it, but I'm kinda falling for it now I have it!

SpruceBruce and Gawad have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceGawad

Full of character! Very nice. That's a big difference in contrast! Good to know, so you can use that to your advantage when you need to, but for that picture the lack of contrast picture is actually kind of nice.

I am getting reacquainted with older glass after a brief stint only shooting newer stuff. Forgot how much I love the look too.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on February 16, 2022, 8:11 pm

Full of character! Very nice. That's a big difference in contrast! Good to know, so you can use that to your advantage when you need to, but for that picture the lack of contrast picture is actually kind of nice.

You’re right! Hadn’t thought of doing it intentionally but you’re absolutely right.

I am getting reacquainted with older glass after a brief stint only shooting newer stuff. Forgot how much I love the look too.

Right? I’ve been shooting only deeply vintage glass for months. The only times I wish I had something newer & sharper/more perfect is broad landscapes.