Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Dirt n Nature

Hi,

been watching the youtube videos.  I started out in digital photography with a long gone hp with a macro attachment for ebay sales.  then a clearanced canon powershot long given away to a neighbor.  First good camera i got was a Pentax mx1 when they went on clearance.  I used that for gardening photos as i used to be an avid gardener.  still have it and use it somewhat regularly.  Now i shoot dirt track racing as that's my wife's main love.  Was using a Sony rx10iv for awhile as i am not the main photographer and had to get a variety of shots for web stuff.  Sold that late last season and used a Nikon d3400 with the 70-300 afp lens for 3 races.  scarily the hit and save rate with the nikon was considerably better.  I'll start a post elsewhere on my questions.  Currently i sort the race photos on FastStone then edit in NX studio.  I had to use capture one for sony and it was horrible.  Just set up an old laptop with antix linux and rawtherapee just for my mx1 pentax. Ok done with my long winded intro.

SpruceBruce, HeggenDazs and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceHeggenDazsJBP

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by and saying hey! Feel free to create threads to share photos, ask questions, chat about photography in general. We got a good group here having fun shooting with all kinds of gear. Shooting motorsports would be a lot of fun and something I've never done before. And the Pentax MX-1 is a very neat camera, you're lucky to have one 🙂

dirtdude has reacted to this post.
dirtdude
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from dirtdude on February 27, 2022, 5:19 pm

Hi,

been watching the youtube videos.  I started out in digital photography with a long gone hp with a macro attachment for ebay sales.  then a clearanced canon powershot long given away to a neighbor.  First good camera i got was a Pentax mx1 when they went on clearance.  I used that for gardening photos as i used to be an avid gardener.  still have it and use it somewhat regularly.  Now i shoot dirt track racing as that's my wife's main love.  Was using a Sony rx10iv for awhile as i am not the main photographer and had to get a variety of shots for web stuff.  Sold that late last season and used a Nikon d3400 with the 70-300 afp lens for 3 races.  scarily the hit and save rate with the nikon was considerably better.  I'll start a post elsewhere on my questions.  Currently i sort the race photos on FastStone then edit in NX studio.  I had to use capture one for sony and it was horrible.  Just set up an old laptop with antix linux and rawtherapee just for my mx1 pentax. Ok done with my long winded intro.

Welcome to the forums! I'd love to see some of your motorsports photos. That's something I've been wanting to get into. That MX-1 is a keeper for sure. Someday I'll grab one. 🙂

Thanks for the kind welcomes.  Was going to reply sooner and it was just one of those weeks.

The mx1 is a fun but kind of unforgiving camera.  it's a macro beast for a point and shoot!

Put in an example.  Not the best but just one i had easily available.

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_0085.jpg
James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner