Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Did i just buy and old IXUS? yep.

so yeah, i snapped (no pun intended) and got an old digital ixus 80 IS for like less than 6€ plus shipping. has an ovf and a ccd. yea i guess i am a hypebeast when it comes to the old digicam trend after all xD

SpruceBruce and Daniel Gonzalez have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalez
Is that even street bro?
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on February 17, 2022, 7:27 pm

so yeah, i snapped (no pun intended) and got an old digital ixus 80 IS for like less than 6€ plus shipping. has an ovf and a ccd. yea i guess i am a hypebeast when it comes to the old digicam trend after all xD

Get to shooting soon lol, and share it with us!

That's a Canon P&S, right?

A Canon point and shoot was my first digital camera. Best Christmas present ever. I adored that thing and took pictures everywhere. One thing I got into was using CHDK to gain manual controls on the camera and add custom scripts. If that sounds cool to you, you should check it out!!

Either way it'll be fun to see what you get with it!

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on February 18, 2022, 3:03 am

One thing I got into was using CHDK to gain manual controls on the camera and add custom scripts. If that sounds cool to you, you should check it out!!

i have another (newer) canon powershot that i have tried chdk on already. i might just need some more time fiddling with it to get to all the controls.

Is that even street bro?
Quote from Estelon_Agarwaen on February 18, 2022, 12:01 pm
Quote from Snappy on February 18, 2022, 3:03 am

One thing I got into was using CHDK to gain manual controls on the camera and add custom scripts. If that sounds cool to you, you should check it out!!

i have another (newer) canon powershot that i have tried chdk on already. i might just need some more time fiddling with it to get to all the controls.

The interface is admittedly hard to get used to, and it doesn't help that you are reusing different buttons than what they were intended to do. But once you get passed all that it's really powerful. That was my first exposure to slow/fast shutter speeds and what they effect.

Carl has reacted to this post.
Carl
Happy snappin' 🙂

I have in fact enjoyed shooting with the tiny ixus. its great. low dynamic range and great colors.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_1781.JPG
  • IMG_1815.JPG
  • IMG_1828.JPG
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceDaniel Gonzalezdenniscrommettahoyhere
Is that even street bro?

Oooh fun!

Tonality is quite good too.

Carl has reacted to this post.
Carl