Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Current digital cameras I am using on a regular basis!

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I believe he already sold the KP. I could be wrong though.

Tristan Carlos has reacted to this post.
Tristan Carlos
Quote from Snappy on February 8, 2022, 8:27 pm
Quote from HeggenDazs on February 8, 2022, 4:06 pm

@james-warner-b I'd be curious to hear your takes about the K-3 III vs your original K-3.

Coming 🙂 It probably won't be until March or so though so I have time to collect my thoughts and have enough time with it. I will post an initial video this week or next with the camera, but it won't go too much into detail.

I'm also considering starting a side channel for future videos on it. I kinda have two goals right now with my channel and they are a little bit contradictory. I want to keep sharing my experiences with older camera gear, but I also want to be a voice for Pentax since there's not too many people out there publicizing it, and that means newer gear like this. Still can't decide. And then maybe I'll just sell the K-3III and stick to my older gear since I think it's really quite capable. There's just a part of me that wants to contribute to Pentax's future success maybe.

As you can see from that paragraph I am very undecided 😀

I look forward to it.

I hear you about wanting to support Pentax. It occurred to me the other day that I haven't bought a single new item from Pentax, so I've given them $0... I kinda feel guilty about that, to be honest. Not that we should run a charity for them but I definitely want them to stick around.

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from tristancarlos on February 8, 2022, 9:17 pm

@james-warner-b that's a super sneaky update of the K-3 iii?!?! I'm looking forward to that for sure!! Also super curious if you're going to keep the KP or sell it off.

To be honest, in terms of content quality, you're high up on the list compared to most Pentax Youtubers so I do see the potential of doing a sideline channel. Perhaps, try it out first on the original channel to see if it gains enough traction? Or maybe do a mini-series of new gear stuff and see how that goes?

In the meantime, here are my camera bodies from the top left:

Black Pentax KX
Black Pentax MX with BG and SG focusing screen
Pentax *ist D with D-BG1
Pentax KP with D-BG7
Pentax K-1 with D-BG6
Voigtlaender VF135 (surprisingly good!)
Pentax SV
Pentax Spotmatic SP
Silver Pentax MX
Panasonic GX1 with LVF2
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite Edition

What you don't see:
Voigtlaender Vito CLR
Minolta 9000

Obviously I'm a big fan of fully mechanical cameras 🙂

Really sweet stuff. I love the *ist with a battery grip! the xpro2 looks really slick as well. Of course I have fond feelings for the KP and K-1, biased there 😉 MX is sweet too.

I also picked up a GX1 with the viewfinder last month. @agentlossing turned me onto the idea of using that and the panasonic 20mm f1.7. I mostly love kit so far. No, I definitely love it. I'm just tweaking some of the camera settings, but the IQ is really nice and the shooting experience is almost there once I get it dialed in 🙂

Yeah I sold my KP as part of the funding for the K-3 III. I haven't made a big announcement or anything. I've had it for just over a month now. I've been hoping to get more time with it, but the weather has been bad and a little trip I was going to take for birding got postponed. Like I mentioned you'll see an update on the channel either later this week or early next week depending when I have time to finish editing.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from JBP on February 8, 2022, 10:02 pm

@james-warner-b I'd be curious to hear your takes about the K-3 III vs your original K-3.

Coming 🙂 It probably won't be until March or so though so I have time to collect my thoughts and have enough time with it. I will post an initial video this week or next with the camera, but it won't go too much into detail.

I'm also considering starting a side channel for future videos on it. I kinda have two goals right now with my channel and they are a little bit contradictory. I want to keep sharing my experiences with older camera gear, but I also want to be a voice for Pentax since there's not too many people out there publicizing it, and that means newer gear like this. Still can't decide. And then maybe I'll just sell the K-3III and stick to my older gear since I think it's really quite capable. There's just a part of me that wants to contribute to Pentax's future success maybe.

I look forward to it.

I hear you about wanting to support Pentax. It occurred to me the other day that I haven't bought a single new item from Pentax, so I've given them $0... I kinda feel guilty about that, to be honest. Not that we should run a charity for them but I definitely want them to stick around.

lol, I haven't either 😬 some support I am. Maybe I'll buy a hat or something from their site. Every time Kai wears his I get jealous.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Snappy on February 8, 2022, 10:38 pm
Quote from JBP on February 8, 2022, 10:02 pm

I look forward to it.

lol, I haven't either 😬 some support I am. Maybe I'll buy a hat or something from their site. Every time Kai wears his I get jealous.

I had that same thought after posting that and found a neat t-shirt on their website, but it won't add it to the cart. Doh! I guess they don't want my money! lol

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from Snappy on February 8, 2022, 10:37 pm

@james-warner-b that's a super sneaky update of the K-3 iii?!?! I'm looking forward to that for sure!! Also super curious if you're going to keep the KP or sell it off.

To be honest, in terms of content quality, you're high up on the list compared to most Pentax Youtubers so I do see the potential of doing a sideline channel. Perhaps, try it out first on the original channel to see if it gains enough traction? Or maybe do a mini-series of new gear stuff and see how that goes?

Black Pentax KX
Pentax *ist D with D-BG1
Pentax KP with D-BG7
Pentax K-1 with D-BG6
Pentax SV
Pentax Spotmatic SP
Silver Pentax MX
Panasonic GX1 with LVF2

What you don't see:
Voigtlaender Vito CLR
Minolta 9000

Really sweet stuff. I love the *ist with a battery grip! the xpro2 looks really slick as well. Of course I have fond feelings for the KP and K-1, biased there 😉 MX is sweet too.

I also picked up a GX1 with the viewfinder last month. @agentlossing turned me onto the idea of using that and the panasonic 20mm f1.7. I mostly love kit so far. No, I definitely love it. I'm just tweaking some of the camera settings, but the IQ is really nice and the shooting experience is almost there once I get it dialed in 🙂

Yeah I sold my KP as part of the funding for the K-3 III. I haven't made a big announcement or anything. I've had it for just over a month now. I've been hoping to get more time with it, but the weather has been bad and a little trip I was going to take for birding got postponed. Like I mentioned you'll see an update on the channel either later this week or early next week depending when I have time to finish editing.

I swear I'm not stalking your ebay account haha. We seem to buy similar stuff at similar times every now and then. I haven't warmed up to the GX1 yet but with the LVF2, it's tough to fault. It's also the last of the GX series that's made in Japan if that counts. I got it with the 45-175mm for a bargain! I'd be experimenting on using it with the Pentax FA* 300mm 4.5 which I recently bought to replace my DA* 300mm. A 16MP MFT sensor is equivalent to a 61MP FF sensor in terms of pixel density after all so it's like shooting the FA 300mm with a 61MP sensor and then cropping in to the size of an MFT sensor. (at least that's what I've read)

The *ist with the D-BG1 will probably stay with me forever. It's not the easiest to find the D-BG1.

I'm thinking of letting go a few film cameras but the black MX is not one of them. I need to purge as it's starting to pile up! 😀

In terms of supporting Pentax, I'm also guilty... but I'm one step ahead of you guys. I bought a 55-300mm PLM quite recently. Do I get a free hat? 🙂

ohh.. the cheapo A77 is on its way as well as a few Minolta lenses like the 50mm 1.7 AF and the Beercan. Looking forward to it!

James Warner, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceJBP
Quote from tristancarlos on February 9, 2022, 6:24 pm

Black Pentax KX
Pentax *ist D with D-BG1
Pentax KP with D-BG7
Pentax K-1 with D-BG6
Pentax SV
Pentax Spotmatic SP
Silver Pentax MX
Panasonic GX1 with LVF2

What you don't see:
Voigtlaender Vito CLR
Minolta 9000

I swear I'm not stalking your ebay account haha. We seem to buy similar stuff at similar times every now and then. I haven't warmed up to the GX1 yet but with the LVF2, it's tough to fault. It's also the last of the GX series that's made in Japan if that counts. I got it with the 45-175mm for a bargain! I'd be experimenting on using it with the Pentax FA* 300mm 4.5 which I recently bought to replace my DA* 300mm. A 16MP MFT sensor is equivalent to a 61MP FF sensor in terms of pixel density after all so it's like shooting the FA 300mm with a 61MP sensor and then cropping in to the size of an MFT sensor. (at least that's what I've read)

The *ist with the D-BG1 will probably stay with me forever. It's not the easiest to find the D-BG1.

I'm thinking of letting go a few film cameras but the black MX is not one of them. I need to purge as it's starting to pile up! 😀

In terms of supporting Pentax, I'm also guilty... but I'm one step ahead of you guys. I bought a 55-300mm PLM quite recently. Do I get a free hat? 🙂

ohh.. the cheapo A77 is on its way as well as a few Minolta lenses like the 50mm 1.7 AF and the Beercan. Looking forward to it!

Assuming I continue to exercise self-control regarding the K-3iii, the 55-300 PLM is thing I'm most likely to buy new from Pentax. Used prices aren't much less than the new price, and it seems like a lot of bang for your buck as far as new items go. Most reviews say it's sharp from 55-300 wide open, lightning fast focus, compact, and it's WR to boot. Sweet.

Quote from tristancarlos on February 9, 2022, 6:24 pm

Black Pentax KX
Pentax *ist D with D-BG1
Pentax KP with D-BG7
Pentax K-1 with D-BG6
Pentax SV
Pentax Spotmatic SP
Silver Pentax MX
Panasonic GX1 with LVF2

What you don't see:
Voigtlaender Vito CLR
Minolta 9000

Good starter minolta lenses 🙂 I also enjoy my 28mm f2.8. It's cheapo price but good quality.

I'm looking at the specs of the A77 - that's a beast of a camera!

The PLM new is a good idea. It's a really competitive price brand new. I hardly buy anything new though, camera gear or otherwise. Almost everything I own was pre-owned. Toothbrushes are always new, though 🙂

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce
Happy snappin' 🙂
PreviousPage 2 of 2