Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Current digital cameras I am using on a regular basis!

Page 1 of 2Next

Call it the Trinity + 1   The KP and Q are my top favs!  Looking forward to getting outside and photo-ing soon!

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20220122_071727176_HDR2.jpg
denniscrommett and JBP have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettJBP
Quote from TSTS on January 22, 2022, 12:48 pm

Call it the Trinity + 1   The KP and Q are my top favs!  Looking forward to getting outside and photo-ing soon!

I like how the camcorder has a mohawk 😁

Mine changes every month or so (lol! it's a problem I will solve one day...), but the core is always the same.

One of my Pentax bodies, this time mostly the K-3III for wildlife stuff.

A pocketish camera, this time the Ricoh GXR.

An old camera, right now a Nikon Coolpix 990.

And something weird, this time an Olympus Air A01 which I just put a video out on.

Uploaded files:
  • PXL_20220122_142058245.jpeg
denniscrommett, TSTS and JBP have reacted to this post.
denniscrommettTSTSJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

I must admit I'm very intrigued by the Q cameras but I love a viewfinder.

denniscrommett has reacted to this post.
denniscrommett

There is a NOT through-the-lens optical viewfinder., but it cost $190.00 it just attaches to the shoe. I have 7 lense, they make 8, the 08 lens is crazy expensive.  The camera is great using the 35mm prime and the zoom prime lens. Overall I really like using it, I do miss an pop out screen and a viewfinder...but the overall feel of the camera is solid

Uploaded files:
  • s-l1600.jpg
Quote from TSTS on January 22, 2022, 10:32 pm

There is a NOT through-the-lens optical viewfinder., but it cost $190.00 it just attaches to the shoe. I have 7 lense, they make 8, the 08 lens is crazy expensive.  The camera is great using the 35mm prime and the zoom prime lens. Overall I really like using it, I do miss an pop out screen and a viewfinder...but the overall feel of the camera is solid

Man, what a beautiful collection! I never did try out the toy lenses but those are pretty cool! Neat seeing it all in one place. I really do love the Q series. Cool piece of unique photographic history and practical too! Great optics and surprising capable camera.

TSTS has reacted to this post.
TSTS
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from TSTS on January 22, 2022, 12:48 pm

you have the same 18-55 as i have on my k10d. nice lens (for a kit lens)

Is that even street bro?

@james-warner-b I'd be curious to hear your takes about the K-3 III vs your original K-3.

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP
Quote from HeggenDazs on February 8, 2022, 4:06 pm

@james-warner-b I'd be curious to hear your takes about the K-3 III vs your original K-3.

Same! And although it would be apples to oranges, how it compares to the K-1 would be interesting, too.

HeggenDazs has reacted to this post.
HeggenDazs
Quote from HeggenDazs on February 8, 2022, 4:06 pm

Coming 🙂 It probably won't be until March or so though so I have time to collect my thoughts and have enough time with it. I will post an initial video this week or next with the camera, but it won't go too much into detail.

I'm also considering starting a side channel for future videos on it. I kinda have two goals right now with my channel and they are a little bit contradictory. I want to keep sharing my experiences with older camera gear, but I also want to be a voice for Pentax since there's not too many people out there publicizing it, and that means newer gear like this. Still can't decide. And then maybe I'll just sell the K-3III and stick to my older gear since I think it's really quite capable. There's just a part of me that wants to contribute to Pentax's future success maybe.

As you can see from that paragraph I am very undecided 😀

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
Happy snappin' 🙂

@james-warner-b that's a super sneaky update of the K-3 iii?!?! I'm looking forward to that for sure!! Also super curious if you're going to keep the KP or sell it off.

To be honest, in terms of content quality, you're high up on the list compared to most Pentax Youtubers so I do see the potential of doing a sideline channel. Perhaps, try it out first on the original channel to see if it gains enough traction? Or maybe do a mini-series of new gear stuff and see how that goes?

In the meantime, here are my camera bodies from the top left:

Black Pentax KX
Black Pentax MX with BG and SG focusing screen
Pentax *ist D with D-BG1
Pentax KP with D-BG7
Pentax K-1 with D-BG6
Voigtlaender VF135 (surprisingly good!)
Pentax SV
Pentax Spotmatic SP
Silver Pentax MX
Panasonic GX1 with LVF2
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite Edition

What you don't see:
Voigtlaender Vito CLR
Minolta 9000

Obviously I'm a big fan of fully mechanical cameras 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • photo_2022-02-08_22-20-36.jpg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceTSTSJBP
Page 1 of 2Next