Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Could anyone suggest me some vintage Minolta glass for my sony a350?

I have had my a350 for a while now but no lenses except the kit, Minolta glass isnt that common in my country so I'll have a friend bring some from me from the US. What lenses would be good to pick up? the budget is 100$ but like I can probably only get 2 lenses for space concerns

Considering your budget and space concerns, I would recommend two Minolta lenses that are quite versatile and well-regarded for their image quality.

Minolta MD 50mm f/1.7
Minolta MD 28mm f/2.8

James Warner has reacted to this post.
James Warner
Quote from Evelynn on June 1, 2023, 8:52 am

Considering your budget and space concerns, I would recommend two Minolta lenses that are quite versatile and well-regarded for their image quality.

Minolta MD 50mm f/1.7
Minolta MD 28mm f/2.8

I think these are great suggestions, not knowing more about any particular needs you have, @mangocider

I would also had that both of those can be had in their AF variants for fairly cheap as well. In case that's more appealing than manual glass.

Happy snappin' 🙂

I've never used it, but people commonly site the 70-210 F4 lens (nicknamed "beercan") as being very good for the money as well. In case you want a longer focal length.

North Wolf Photography has reacted to this post.
North Wolf Photography
Happy snappin' 🙂

Hands down the Minolta 70-210 F4.  It's one of the Cult lenses for Minolta/Sony A mount and there's clubs and forums out there exclusively dedicated to this lens.  One of the few vintage lenses to have earned a nickname; in this case "The Beercan"  It's one of the best 70-200 F4 lenses out there, even to this day.

I can also highly recommend the Minolta 70-300 variable aperture telephoto lens.  In a crowded playing field for "Cheap Telephoto Lenses" the Minolta 70-300 has a surprisingly creamy Bokeh which really took me off guard for something I was not expecting to see in that "class" of lens.

The Minolta 50mm f2.8 Macro is also a small fantastic little Macro lens.

And the great thing about Minolta glass is you should be able to find 2-3 of these lenses together for under $100 🙂 (At $30-50 a piece))