Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cameras, Lenses or Gear you’ve Sold and re-bought?

I haven’t had many regrets in terms of selling gear but I did regret selling this camera a Panasonic Lumix TZ90.

This is from the niche of super zoom cameras it’s kind of like a mini bridge camera. I bought one around a year ago. I had a few lenses for my Nikon system but lacked the experience of going out and taking photos of everything and anything and honing my eye. I didn’t really want the attention of taking out a DSLR  so I decided it was time for another camera

I opted for the TZ90 as it was feature rich and was 300mm longer then my 70 -300 zoom lens and I also thought it could double as nature camera. I used it quite a lot but I got quite tired of the sub par image quality at high iso’s and the lack of depth of field. I ended up replacing it with an Olympus Omd EM10 II which has become my favourite camera however I have missed the versatility of a 24-720mm zoom camera which can fit in a trouser pocket. Even on micro four thirds 700mm equivalent is still a big lens. Fast forward to 6 months after selling my original one I have bought another. I’m not expecting the image quality to be any better however I am looking forward to having a camera that I can always have with me again.

What camera, lens body or gear have you ended up re-buying

Uploaded files:
  • P6250068.JPG