Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Favorite Photo 2022

Page 1 of 3Next

Inspired by Flickr's Best Shot 2022 I thought it would be fun to do the same thing here. So, please share your best/favorite photo of 2022 with us! Do include any and all info you want: camera, lens, any blurb about the photo you want.

I wish I could start us off but it's gonna be a bit before I can even begin to narrow it down. Picking a favorite photo for a year is tough!

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBrucekcphotogeekEckyH

As always choosing one photo out of many is tough. This isn't exactly my favorite photo of the year (those all have my daughter in them lol) but I feel like it was one of my best. BTW you can submit whatever for whatever reason. I was just looking for a photo I thought I couldn't have produced the year prior.

This was shot with my K-3 and Sigma 17-50 and I'm pretty sure I used a manual flash on the hotshoe. I did crop it in post to frame it better.

OK I'm done - I can't wait to see yours!!

IMGP4703 by JBP_Mobusaki, on Flickr

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceEckyHDeleted user

Nice prompt! Took me a while to think of one, but I think my favorite from the year is this:

Graduating was a really big cathartic moment. This was taken on the Fuji x70 with tweeked film simulation, a combo I'm loving more and more. I love the chaos, the lack of sharpness, the dutch angle, the composition. Definitely a moment I'm glad I captured!

James Warner, Beau Carpenter and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceGawadkcphotogeekDeleted user
Ever striving for minimum competency
Quote from Justin Tung on December 31, 2022, 10:47 pm

Nice prompt! Took me a while to think of one, but I think my favorite from the year is this:

Graduating was a really big cathartic moment. This was taken on the Fuji x70 with tweeked film simulation, a combo I'm loving more and more. I love the chaos, the lack of sharpness, the dutch angle, the composition. Definitely a moment I'm glad I captured!

I love this! Great photo and the moment it captures makes it all the better.

Quote from Cory Maben on January 1, 2023, 11:50 pm

Probably this photo. Not only is it my favorite picture just as an image, but it is around this time I started to change my mindset about photography away from trying to take photos I think other people would like to taking photos that I like and considering carefully what images I put out into the world. In doing that I have started to see the development of my own themes and 'style' or 'voice' or whatever term you prefer, which has been satisfying to me.

So many of us get caught up in doing what we think everyone else will like even when it's something we do for ourselves. Doing photography for your own enjoyment, photos for yourself, and finding your own voice: that's the most important thing! Unless it's your livelihood, what other reason is there to do it? Wonderful photo, I love the gradient of color and the dark foreground elements. 🙂

Justin Tung has reacted to this post.
Justin Tung

Love the above everyone, I've narrowed it down to 3

Uploaded files:
  • untitled-70.jpg
  • DSC02232.jpg
  • untitled-21-Edit.jpg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceEckyH
Kieran

I've got mine down to 4, it's so tough. I feel like I really came into my own this summer as a photographer finally.

Justin Tung, Beau Carpenter and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungBeau CarpenterkcphotogeekJBPEckyH

Love everyone's favs and the stories behind them. Great shots, and also love the idea of finding your voice and photos you like instead of taking photos others like. Important lesson.

I had trouble figuring out mine. I took a lot of wildlife shots I was proud of this year. Definitely upped my game with birding in 2022 and I'm proud of that. Have a few landscape type shots I also liked. But then I remembered this shot and I think it's a clear winner for my favorite photo. Because it's a nice shot, and a great memory. That's my friend and his kids jumping off the cliff during a trip to Hawaii I'll never forget!

Justin Tung, KankRat and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
Justin TungKankRatBeau CarpenterSpruceBruceJBPEckyH
Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from kcphotogeek on January 2, 2023, 5:10 pm

That last one is very special 🙂

kcphotogeek has reacted to this post.
kcphotogeek
Happy snappin' 🙂

Probably this one. This is one best appreciated on a full screen and not a phone.

IMG_8221 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

James Warner, Justin Tung and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBrucekcphotogeekJBPEckyH
Quote from kcphotogeek on January 2, 2023, 5:10 pm

Great shots, would be tough to choose indeed!

Quote from SpruceBruce on January 2, 2023, 7:19 pm

I've got mine down to 4, it's so tough. I feel like I really came into my own this summer as a photographer finally.

Those are all great. I feel the same way about my photography. I feel like I've grown so much this past year or so, thanks to this community. 🙂 Your photos in general are flippin' amazing, and your macro shots are absolutely off the charts.

Quote from James Warner on January 2, 2023, 11:37 pm

Love everyone's favs and the stories behind them. Great shots, and also love the idea of finding your voice and photos you like instead of taking photos others like. Important lesson.

I had trouble figuring out mine. I took a lot of wildlife shots I was proud of this year. Definitely upped my game with birding in 2022 and I'm proud of that. Have a few landscape type shots I also liked. But then I remembered this shot and I think it's a clear winner for my favorite photo. Because it's a nice shot, and a great memory. That's my friend and his kids jumping off the cliff during a trip to Hawaii I'll never forget!

That photo is absolutely perfect. The framing, exposure, subject, the sky and the sun. But most of all the timing!

Quote from KankRat on January 3, 2023, 1:39 am

Probably this one. This is one best appreciated on a full screen and not a phone.

IMG_8221 by Mark Kasick, on Flickr

I love it! So much detail (I can see an image reflecting in the birds eye - wow!), vibrant colors, and the pose of the hummingbird is perfect. Looks like the bird is looking right into the camera!

KankRat has reacted to this post.
KankRat
Page 1 of 3Next