Please or Register to create posts and topics.

An old newbie

I just came across Snappiness on YouTube and immediately subscribed.

A few words about me:

I come from France, I started photography in 1975 with a Pentax K2 which is still with me. I own a few film cameras (Nikon FE2, Pentax K1000, ME Super...) and plan every day to go out and shoot - I even bought a Lab-Box- ; Right now, I'm still in the planning stages!

Over the years I have bought and used (but stupidly sold): Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2, Olympus E-20, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1, Fujifilm X10, Nikon D90, Pentax K-7, Pentax K-30, Sony Alpha NEX -6, Sony a7, Sony a7S II.

Although I'm over 70, I still work (is it work?) and photograph real estate, architecture, and some events. I use two Sony FF bodies (A7RII and A7III); they are tools but, unfortunately, they don't provide much pleasure.
I am attaching some images produced a long time ago (2003>2007) with my old cameras.

You will find me here : https://www.christianblais.fr/

Uploaded files:
  • DIMAGEA2-1.jpg
  • DIMAGEA2-5.jpg
  • DSC_R1-1.jpg
  • OLYMPUSE20_2.jpg
  • OLYMPUSE20-3.jpg
Tristan Carlos, SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosSpruceBruceJBP

Welcome to the forum. Lovely photos you shared here, older cams imbue photos with so much charm and uniqueness that I feel can be missing with newer cameras.

I was browsing your work on Instragram & Facebook, very good stuff!! The architecture shots are inspiring. I'd like to do more of that but there isn't much in my small town. I need to get out more. ๐Ÿ˜†

I think you'll like it here! ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris has reacted to this post.
Chris

Beautiful photos. You have started before me but we both pre-date autofocus. ๐Ÿ™‚

SpruceBruce, JBP and Chris have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBPChris
Quote from JBP on January 26, 2024, 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. Lovely photos you shared here, older cams imbue photos with so much charm and uniqueness that I feel can be missing with newer cameras.

I was browsing your work on Instragram & Facebook, very good stuff!! The architecture shots are inspiring. I'd like to do more of that but there isn't much in my small town. I need to get out more. ๐Ÿ˜†

I think you'll like it here! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi, thanks for the welcome and the appreciation of my pictures. My father was a painter, maybe it helped...

I live in the country, in a small village, not even in a small town, but architecture is everywhere around us even if not designed by architects. You're right, getting out is the only way.ย 

SpruceBruce has reacted to this post.
SpruceBruce

Welcome @chris and nice to meet you! These are excellent photographs, and a great group of cameras. I don't shoot professionally, but if I did I would be the same way. Get the best technical tool for the job for work, and still have some fun stuff to play with on the side ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm glad you've found a way to entertain both aspects.

Looking forward to seeing more from you!

SpruceBruce and Chris have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceChris
Happy snappin' ๐Ÿ™‚

Village squad! ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely photos, Chris, and welcome to the forum! Nice website too!ย 

Looking forward to your posts!ย 

SpruceBruce and Chris have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceChris

You have an eye for color! Your portfolio is so pleasant and vibrant.

Tristan Carlos and Chris have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosChris

Thank you @sprucebruce, @tristanludlow, @james-warner-b, @kankrat, @jbp !

Tristan Carlos and JBP have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosJBP