Please or Register to create posts and topics.

a reminder of an wonderful day.

Today I went shooting with my son. I had lent him the Olympus E620, but due to back problems, I needed a light camera with IS myself. Unfortunately, the E410 does not have IS, so I went online to look for an Olympus camera from the same era and I found it the Olympus E600. My son now owns the E620 and he is very happy with it. My son has autism spectrum disorder, he is really very artistic and likes to express himself creatively. He doesn't like walking, however, now that he can focus on photography while walking, I notice a new world opening up for him. He looks at his surroundings with more attention, is looking for the right photo with especially beautiful light. It's great to be able to share this with him. Right now, here in the Netherlands, the older Olympus SLR cameras and lenses are going over the counter for really little money. This gives my son the opportunity to start photographing. At the moment, he does not want to share photos online yet, so I am showing a photo I took. A reminder of a wonderful day.

Uploaded files:
  • 06260043verkleind.jpeg
James Warner, Justin Tung and 8 other users have reacted to this post.
James WarnerJustin TungSpruceBrucedenniscrommettEckyHDeleted userGideon Liddiard PhotographyUplaxerResiemaexAequora
Within the limits of my equipment consciously looking for painting with light.

I'm also autistic and can 100% relate to photography being a creative outlet that works for me.

SpruceBruce, denniscrommett and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SpruceBrucedenniscrommettBart KersteEckyHResiema
Quote from Bart Kerste on July 27, 2023, 1:23 am

A reminder of a wonderful day.

That photograph literally breathes "summer" for me.

Quote from Gideon Liddiard Photography on July 27, 2023, 7:07 am

I'm also autistic

You're not the only one here.

E.

Bart Kerste, Gideon Liddiard Photography and Resiema have reacted to this post.
Bart KersteGideon Liddiard PhotographyResiema
Veni, vidi, serravi.