Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A 15 Year Old Camera Phone

I recently looked out my old Nokia N95 phone, from 2007. For it's time, it was a fantastic phone, perfect for emails on the go, listening to music, playing games or watching videos, it also had a really good 5mp camera with semi-manual options. Like many Nokia phones, it was unique and a little ahead of it's time.

Today, I took it out for a short wander around the town, I was curious as to how well the images would hold up.

Personally, I'm happy with them. They are a little soft and the detail is lacking but I can make everything out clearly and even at 100%, I can see what everything is, like the plants on the window ledges or the writing on the signs etc.

Camera Specs:
Resolution: 2582 x 1944 pixels, CMOS sensor, Mechanical shutter:1/1000 to 1/3s, Focal length: 5.6 mm, f/2.8, Focus range: 10 cm to infinity, Auto Focus, Carl Zeiss Optics
Uploaded files:
  • NokiaN95375-01.jpeg
  • NokiaN95377-01.jpeg
  • NokiaN95373-01.jpeg
  • NokiaN95382-01.jpeg
  • NokiaN95378-01.jpeg
Gawad, EckyH and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
GawadEckyHDWMODeleted user

Again, another overlooked gem.

Thanks for sharing.

Paul Wilkinson has reacted to this post.
Paul Wilkinson

My pleasure. I've been looking for my old phones, I know I've some more old ones somewhere! 😀

Incredible! Definitely the photographer doing the hard work here 😉 But I am impressed by the camera as well. The lens seems to not have any glaring flaws, and the colors/exposures look really natural. Not like todays HDRness of smartphones, which while practical for a lot of quick snaps, doesn't usually look very natural. Thanks for sharing!

Happy snappin' 🙂