Please or Register to create posts and topics.

7Artisans 60mm Macro Mk II, a budget M43 juggernaut

I've been editing a backlog of these photos that I've taken this past summer, with beautiful success.  This lens paired with a manual flash, and the Olympus EM10 Mk II, made for a great body of work that can be acquired for about $500 USD.  The handling is the only con, as I'm used to a traditional aperture rings being at the base of the lens. The focus ring and aperture ring are reversed of a typical manual focus lens design. Minus the slight learning curve, it's tack sharp, and smooth focusing with an equally smooth declicked aperture ring and all metal body.  If you hunt hard enough you can find a copy for $150 or even less sometimes.

Tristan Carlos, Beau Carpenter and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
Tristan CarlosBeau CarpenterDaniel GonzalezIronJBPThePrettyDamnedEckyH
Quote from SpruceBruce on December 2, 2022, 2:06 am

I've been editing a backlog of these photos that I've taken this past summer, with beautiful success.  This lens paired with a manual flash, and the Olympus EM10 Mk II, made for a great body of work that can be acquired for about $500 USD.  The handling is the only con, as I'm used to a traditional aperture rings being at the base of the lens. The focus ring and aperture ring are reversed of a typical manual focus lens design. Minus the slight learning curve, it's tack sharp, and smooth focusing with an equally smooth declicked aperture ring and all metal body.  If you hunt hard enough you can find a copy for $150 or even less sometimes.

I'm no expert on macro but I love those shoots! Well done 🙂

SpruceBruce and JBP have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceJBP
My social media: https://linktr.ee/F1photo

That's impressive! I also love macro with MFT. I use the M.Zuiko 60mm on the GM5. It's good to know that the 7Artisans lens is performing. I like how we have so many options even with any system.

SpruceBruceJBP

I can't think of a better endorsement of that lens than those images!

SpruceBruce and Iron have reacted to this post.
SpruceBruceIron

W.O.W.

SpruceBruceJBP

Thanks all! I'm kinda regretting selling this lens now! I've been checking out other shots on the Flickr group, and it has this dreamy bokeh wide open I improperly took advantage of....

@iron I want to try all the M43 lenses eventually! The Oly 30/60, TTArtisan 40mm, Sigma are on the eventual to try list, maybe even the Rokinon 100m F2.8!

JBP has reacted to this post.
JBP