Please or Register to create posts and topics.

5 Instagram Accounts You Should Check Out - November 2020

Every month I will be highlighting five Instagram accounts from subscribers on my YouTube Channel or users here on the forum. These won't be random, but will be my personal favorites and people I have followed personally to get some inspiration from. If you want a chance to be featured, tag me on a post on Instagram or use the hashtag #snappiness (I'm taking it over, previously used for one ladies snapchat filters). This is about you, not me, and a small way to give back to everyone who has been so kind to me and has awesome talent.

If you don't use Instagram but want to be featured, make a topic in the forum social sharing section with your 500px, Flickr, or whatever and I will make a post for those too.

Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my picks for November 2020:

@jmbradfordphoto

https://www.instagram.com/jmbradfordphoto/

You may know John already if you like watching Pentax videos on YouTube. He has a great channel with loads of digital and film photography adventures and I very much recommend subscribing (but my YouTube recommendations will come formally in another future post 😉). If you somehow put up with my channel, I see no reason why you wouldn't want to join his for even better content.

His talents go beyond film making and into photography with beautiful examples of color and technique represented on his Instagram. You'll see a lot of nature and small town USA photography on his feed, which is right up my alley. He's also a nice guy and has a great beard. Go check him out.

@itsnotphair

https://www.instagram.com/itsnotphair/

I've only been following Alan for a few weeks since he shared with me his Instagram but it was an instant follow. You can immediately see his talent and technical skills from a mix of day-to-day photography and professional portraits. The portrait shots are especially nice for me as someone who wants to grow my own portrait skills for documenting family life. If you're a film fan you'll be pleased to know that he shoots a mix and his style blends well between the different formats.

@eddysummersphotography

https://www.instagram.com/eddysummersphotography/

Continuing the theme of photographers that are better than me, Eddy takes it up a notch with a really nice aesthetic that isn't in your face or trendy, but rather timeless. If you shoot Pentax and are following Pentax related forums or Facebook groups you have probably already seen him around and his work, but for all other photographers he is worth checking out. For me his Instagram feed is the perfect balance of the great principles of photography mixed with seemingly ordinary subjects, and that's the kind of inspiration I need for encouraging my daily photography. Simply sublime.

@splitandy

https://www.instagram.com/splitandy/

Andy (or Andrew, not sure which he prefers) is another new photographer to my list of Instagram follows. From his profile it looks like he has an awesome collection of cameras that he still shoots with. It's really fun to see someone still using older gear even when they have newer stuff, and that is the mentality I try to champion on this site. Like myself, his pictures seem to be whatever he comes into contact during his adventures, and each one has nice tones, good composition and enough character that it stood out to me.

@chungwei3wei

https://www.instagram.com/chungwei3wei/

Last but definitely not least for my list this month is Michelle who I am so glad somehow ended up in my feed. She is a Pentax shooter from nearby in Southern Texas, and has mind blowing shots of natural subjects from around the locale. Not only are the picture beautiful, they represent an idea and message that I really needed to hear after recently moving to this new part of the country where the scenery is very different from the Rocky Mountains: That is, you can find interesting things to photograph wherever you look, if you train your eyes. The practice of researching the many different plants and wildlife my new home has to offer has been very rewarding mentally, and is starting to have an effect on my imagery as well. So, thanks for that, and you should check out her feed for some unique stuff.

That's it for this months list, remember to post in the forum or tag me on social media so I can check out your work and feature you here! And let me know of other great photographers to follow. Thanks for checking out this article, follow these people if you like their stuff, and get out there and take pictures whenever and with whatever. Happy snappin'

Looking to pick up some used camera gear? UsedPhotoGear (by Roberts Camera) is my favorite resource. Great prices, good selection, and a 180 day warranty. The pictures are even of the actual item, unlike some other places. I’ve chosen to work with them as an affiliate, and as such may receive a commission if you choose to purchase something using my link: Get 5% off total order on UsedPhotoPro

Happy snappin' 🙂

Flattery will get you everywhere!