Please or Register to create posts and topics.

35mm f2.8 macro Limited

getting one of these this week for my K-5 - any good!?

Uploaded files:
  • lens-copy.jpg
Beau Carpenter has reacted to this post.
Beau Carpenter
Quote from Elmastrich on June 5, 2022, 2:50 pm

Very good, the best DA Limited Lens, IMO outside of the 40mm Limited.  I've gotten very tack sharp results.  Here's some Bumblebee shots I got last Autumn, and a Flickr album with some of my favorite shots.https://www.flickr.com/gp/185043237@N07/R4iZ97

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP0027-2.jpg
  • IMGP0047-1.jpg
Beau Carpenter and EckyH have reacted to this post.
Beau CarpenterEckyH

WOW! Great images. Thanks for the feedback.

Response is  bit delayed - sorry.  I enjoy my 35ltd it’s a really nice, sharp walk about prime.  The downside is that it sometimes focus hunts through the range which is loud.   The macro is great but you need to get really close.
The toad didn’t seem to mind.   Iso3200, f5.6, 1/200s with my kp.  I used it on my k5 too - was good.  Enjoy

Uploaded files:
  • IMGP1527.jpeg
James Warner, SpruceBruce and EckyH have reacted to this post.
James WarnerSpruceBruceEckyH
Quote from MarkR on August 23, 2022, 7:31 pm

Response is  bit delayed - sorry.  I enjoy my 35ltd it’s a really nice, sharp walk about prime.  The downside is that it sometimes focus hunts through the range which is loud.   The macro is great but you need to get really close.
The toad didn’t seem to mind.   Iso3200, f5.6, 1/200s with my kp.  I used it on my k5 too - was good.  Enjoy

I really like the look of the wider than usual macro. Nice shot! I'll have to pick one up one of these days.

Happy snappin' 🙂
Quote from Elmastrich on June 5, 2022, 2:50 pm

Pretty much all modern lenses are "good". Especially primes. You don't mention if you are going to use this as a general lens or a macro, and if the latter how macro are we talking. If the former I'm sure it would be awesome.

If you are shooting insects, it will work but I would prefer more working distance. I use a 300mm f4 that focuses down to a little less than 4 feet.

Quote from James Warner on August 24, 2022, 1:11 am
Quote from MarkR on August 23, 2022, 7:31 pm

I really like the look of the wider than usual macro. Nice shot! I'll have to pick one up one of these days.

Seen this?

https://youtu.be/I-H17S1X4vo